Cameron High gain Jose clip (quicky)

• Thread starter Thread starter argonaut4
  • Start date Start date
very nice tone. I like that a lot. Is the Jose mod as high or higher gain than the aldrich?

>|<>QBB<
argonaut4":e96b8 said:
>|<>QBB<

I haven't experimented too much with the tubes yet, but so far i'm really liking chinese in the pre and winged C in the power. I had some new Mullards in the power for awhile and that sounded pretty good, too. They were a lot thicker in the mids and tamer on the highs. The winged Cs sound much more alive and are my favorite, though. I didn't like the svets at all. The Aldrich kicks all kinds of ass!

Hell yeah the Aldrich mod is awesome!

Are you talking about Chinese 9th gen pretubes that you have?

The Winged C is what im going for when i retube it, currently i have the GT-E34LS but im not sure wether i like them. They were in the amp when i bought it, so i think its about time for a re-tube anyways

>|<>QBB<
jaybird":ca702 said:
Try KT-77's w/ the Aldrich HG mod - Awesome!

Mark recommended me either Winged C EL34's or KT-77's..

Damn now ya got me thinkin... :D

Any clips?

Kick ass my brutha. Sounds very accurate of the amp in the room.

>|<>QBB<
Duolos":6570d said:
very nice tone. I like that a lot. Is the Jose mod as high or higher gain than the aldrich?

Thanks, man. I think no two amps are the same. Between mine, the Aldrich has the higher gain.

Are you talking about Chinese 9th gen pretubes that you have?

Yep, those are the ones!

Thanks again, all! Now that I'm set up, i hope to get some better clips rolling out more frequently.

Sounds nice!

Nice drummer too ;)

BTW: where where the mids set? ...I would dial in a little more. ;)

>|<>QBB<
Randy Van Sykes":561f6 said:
Sounds nice!

Nice drummer too ;)

BTW: where where the mids set? ...I would dial in a little more. ;)

Thanks dude. I agree on the mids. I had them ~1:00, but turned them higher later on.

Jason, THOSE amps ROCK!!! FULL ON tone! Great playing! 8)
mike

>|<>QBB<
argonaut4":8b9e5 said:
I purchased some new recording equipment and finally had a chance to get it up and running this past weekend. I recorded some quicky rhythm tracks to test it out.

In true Argo form, i threw a mic in front of the cab, loaded a backing, and hit record. I wasn't going to post anything until I put something good together....but what the hell, nobody would believe it's one of my tracks unless it sounded like it was done in haste and with cold fingers. :mrgreen:

Two rhythm tracks, no post tweaking... Hi/Lo Jose SLP, SM57 on H30, my ghetto strat... I usually cut the gain when i record, but this amp is so fun to play I left it cooking. Recorded at very low volume...could easily talk over it. Thanks to B.S. for the Bonham tracks! I never grow tired of them. Thanks to Mark Cameron, your amps ROCK!

Rockin' with my cock out!

Sounds really good to me. :mrgreen:

Back