Should I be pissed? Eurotubes transaction

• Thread starter Thread starter shred-o-holic
  • Start date Start date
Coast / toast...

I am on the West Coast and still would do business exclusively with Doug.

Shipping took all of two days. Big deal. It's the 21st Century after all.

>|<>QBB<
again with this":589cf said:
Coast / toast...

I am on the West Coast and still would do business exclusively with Doug.

Shipping took all of two days. Big deal. It's the 21st Century after all.

That's true........alot of people love the guy...Derek B was talking about some 5881 or 6L6 that Doug sells that's just awesome....

You know, every once in a while, I'll get a complaint like that.....loss of volume, light show, etc. I take the tubes back, and its something that testing cannot pick up, they appear to be normal. I always give the customer the benefit of the doubt, so in an amp they go under full load. Thats where I can corroberate any problems. Its impractical to test all power tubes like this, but for the few issues that occur, it saves any misunderstanding.

Matt and I thank everyone for all the love!

I've only ever bought from Doug. Never had a reason to go anywhere else....

I got the sense that Bob at ET was wack just from lookin' at his site.

I've only ordered from Doug once, but he's always seemed kewl to me.

I've bought tubes several times from Bob, he never rushed me off the phone. Tubes have always been good.

I don't buy from him because I go see the Lord Valve in his cave-like lair directly here in Denver.

Guy just had a bad day. Call and talk to him and tell him that you were a little insulted. If he's still snotty, then you have your answer and some closure. Life's too f^&kin' short to have bad karma hangin' around.

>|<>QBB<
kannibul":769fb said:
>|<>QBB<

Not like Doug's....

Call him - he's closer to you too...

I recommend Doug for the east coasters, lord valve for the west coasters.

Me, I order from either one - though Lord Valve gets points becuase of his "Tubes for Victory" logo on the invoice.

:)

http://www.nebsnow.com/LordValve

Any reason why Lord valve doesn't post what tubes he carries on his site?

>|<>QBB<
electronpirate":35c33 said:
Guy just had a bad day. Call and talk to him and tell him that you were a little insulted. If he's still snotty, then you have your answer and some closure. Life's too f^&kin' short to have bad karma hangin' around.

Bad karma for who? Call him? You're kidding right? :roll:

>|<>QBB<
blackba":ef070 said:
>|<>QBB<

Any reason why Lord valve doesn't post what tubes he carries on his site?

Apparently you email him and he sends you an e-catalog it seems...

Why anyone would order from someone who sells just ONE kind of tubes is beyond me.

I mean...what is he gonna say to any questions of "what tubes would be best for my ____"?

sounds pretty rude to me, Go to dougstubes.com, Doug is a great guy. that is where I usually get tubes from.

Plus, you can get more brands of tubes, instead of just jj's

Back