Orange Rockerverb 50, what can you tell me about it?

• Thread starter Thread starter Greazygeo
  • Start date Start date
Greazygeo
Greazygeo
I might get one of these, anyone had one? I've never had anything with 6v6's before..... 8)

It does NOT sound like a *normal* 6V6 amp. Very Marshall flavour.

I love it, it has a great natural compression and pretty much made anything I do sound great (which is in itself an accomplishment.)

Another bonus: It sound amazing at Bedroom volumes. Really.

EP

I have an RV50. Very nice amp. Good clean channel. very nice gain channel, the gain knob works over almost the entire range. It sounds like a dark compressed vox to me.

I do find it pretty easy to control volume wise, it has plenty of output, but you can get a nice sound at lower volumes and the volume knobs are not too sensitive like you will find on some amps.

Hows the bass response? Tight or loose? How's the attack? I don't like amps with much sag/ give to them.....

The bass is pretty tight, much tighter than a vox ac30. The amp seems to have a pretty quick attach.

I bought the Orange Rockerverb thinking it would beat my marshall Silver Jubilee down, but after a retube on the Marshall, I am digging that more. I am using the Orange with my band though, running it through a single Mesa recto 112 with a vintage 30. I am thinking of bringing the Marshall 1912 with a C90 in it as well, I like the combo of those two speakers. The Vintage 30 can be a bit grainy with the orange when used by itself.

>|<>QBB<
blackba":b14e0 said:
The bass is pretty tight, much tighter than a vox ac30. The amp seems to have a pretty quick attach.

I bought the Orange Rockerverb thinking it would beat my marshall Silver Jubilee down, but after a retube on the Marshall, I am digging that more. I am using the Orange with my band though, running it through a single Mesa recto 112 with a vintage 30. I am thinking of bringing the Marshall 1912 with a C90 in it as well, I like the combo of those two speakers. The Vintage 30 can be a bit grainy with the orange when used by itself.
That sounds interesting.....I don't dig the V30, thats no secret!

Another chime in about the V30 in this amp:

It's voiced nicely to fit the V30. I have a definate love/hare with V30's, and this amp is definately in the 'love' category.

>|<>QBB<
electronpirate":92a1d said:
Another chime in about the V30 in this amp:

It's voiced nicely to fit the V30. I have a definate love/hare with V30's, and this amp is definately in the 'love' category.
I have a hate/ more/ hate thing with V30's :lol: I may give this amp a try, I dig my old OR120. It's a cool tone. I know the RV50 won't sound anytihng like that. I just hope its not a dark/ loose amp.....

I think you're going to love it George. They sound like a darker/fatter/smoother version of a JCM800.

>|<>QBB<
AmpliFIRE":131ac said:
I think you're going to love it George. They sound like a darker/fatter/smoother version of a JCM800.
Not like a Shiva I hope....does it still have some bite to it?

>|<>QBB<
Greazygeo":538c6 said:
>|<>QBB<Not like a Shiva I hope....does it still have some bite to it?

It's got more bite then a Shiva for sure. We a/b'd my old Rockerverb 100 with a Shiva a few months back. The Orange has more gain and is definitely more aggressive sounding.

>|<>QBB<
AmpliFIRE":42843 said:
>|<>QBB<

It's got more bite then a Shiva for sure. We a/b'd my old Rockerverb 100 with a Shiva a few months back. The Orange has more gain and is definitely more aggressive sounding.
Cool I think I will give it a try then. A guy wants my VHT Classic so........ :? 8)

So are you going with a new one or used one?

Head or combo?

Just curious.....

>|<>QBB<
blackba":ad565 said:
So are you going with a new one or used one?

Head or combo?

Just curious.....
Its a 50 watt head...used one. Going to work out a deal with my VHT Classic.

The RV100 is a cool amp. At first i was 50/50 on it but i liked it the more i heard it. It does have a particular sound. It's warm and dark. I have a clip floating around somewhere......

Here it is. Just a simple Maiden song, nothing special. This was on Greenbacks.

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=23658

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":546ad said:
The RV100 is a cool amp. At first i was 50/50 on it but i liked it the more i heard it. It does have a particular sound. It's warm and dark. I have a clip floating around somewhere......

Here it is. Just a simple Maiden song, nothing special. This was on Greenbacks.

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=23658
I'm Runnin free now......... :bang: :bang:

Were you boosting that one?

>|<>QBB<
Greazygeo":4462b said:
>|<>QBB<I'm Runnin free now......... :bang: :bang:

Were you boosting that one?

George don't you have a od120 head? i'll stop by and get it you keep the rockerverb50

>|<>QBB<
AmpliFIRE":0389a said:

George is very picky when it comes to his tone. i have only heard him say he likes a amp once and guess what it was yep the wizard, everything else was ok. well except the randall he did say it sounded good not ok lol

Lush amp, not enough bass in the combo version imo.

Really nice organic distortion.

>|<>QBB<
Dropped_2_C":b73e1 said:
>|<>QBB<

George don't you have a od120 head? i'll stop by and get it you keep the rockerverb50
Yes....120 watts of ground shaking power!! :o I like to use it for small gigs with two 4-12's :lol:

Back