• Yes

Votes: 18 100.0%
  • Hell, no!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
guitar_god123456
guitar_god123456
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1078115617

Is it me, or is the guy in this video a complete dick?

if the link doesn't work, go to www.washburn.com, then go to instuments, guitars, idol series, then the top guitar, and a link on the page will show you the video.

he compared many different necks including bolt on, string thru, and neck thru....

something about that is a little off :?

Well he sells them so you know he's going to talk them up but they're definitely excellent guitars. I had one and really liked it. I couldn't get used to the neck profile though.

i think he's tellin shit. theidol is not a singlecut.

i voted hell no

it's not possible for anyone (especially a salesman) to give you a list of reasons why one guitar is better than another...you have to play them both for yourself and decide

he does bring up some good/interesting points...he also doesn't talk about any singlecut other than the gibson LP, when there's quite a few other makers that i (and several others) would prefer over gibson as well

>|<>QBB<
guitar_god123456":72985 said:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1078115617

Is it me, or is the guy in this video a complete dick?

if the link doesn't work, go to www.washburn.com, then go to instuments, guitars, idol series, then the top guitar, and a link on the page will show you the video.

The guy isn't a dick, he's just a moron.

What a tool. Only a moron would be swayed by his sales pitch.

Did he actually say it was a shorter scale than a les Paul???

I couldn't even finish watching. I wanted to reach into the computer xcreen and bitch slap him with my Les Paul.

I wish I knew how to get hold of him to tell him to send me his "89 Custom" that doesn't get played any more.

One of my main guitars is an '89 Black LPC and I play lead on it just fine...:)

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=23083

As a Hamer dealer I was always trying to tell people about the excellent quality of Hamers over Gibsons so I can see what he is doing but I'm not sure he executed it very well. :?

I think I'll see my 72 LP Custom and buy a Washburn. What will I do with the extra $2500 I'll have left over? What a tool. I can't think of anyone who ever played a decent lead on a Les Paul. Unless you think J Page or Les Paul are decent guitar players. I think Clapton maybe played a Les Paul before he switched to Washburns. I can't wait to get mine.

When I worked at a Gibson and Washburn dealer they had a beautiful flamed top 59 and a Washburn WI68 is a killer tiger eye type flame top. I much prefered the Washburn. Yeah I was surprised to.

did you think the washburn was outright better, or just the one you preferred?

>|<>QBB<
cobrahead1030":5285b said:
did you think the washburn was outright better, or just the one you preferred?

All the details... fret work, finish, nut, etc... of the Washburn was flawless. The Les Paul has some fret ends/binding that didn't look like it belonged on a guitar half as expensive as it was. The nut looked scrached up and it didn't stay in tune. Sounded very good though. I sold the Washburn to a Doctor. I told him if he wants a guitar that will retain good resale to go with the LP. If he wants a guitar that will be great to play, go with the Washburn. He played both and walked out with the Washburn. I soon left the store for a better job but was told he was very happy with it by the manager.

american washburn> american gibson in quality.

But this guy is a dumbass.

i can't say i'm surprised, gibson isn't great for putting out consistent guitars by any means

i wish someone around here carried USA washburns, i'd really like to try some

The only nice thing I could say about Gibson is that the brand name is so freaking strong......nothing could tarnish that name to the fans that buy them.

Washburn makes a great guitar, very underrated for sure.

if i worked for gibson, and really cared about the company...i'd take some stock LP's and put a different headstock & brand name on them

then i'd sell them under that brand name, and hype the hell outta them to see what kinda reviews they get when they have to stand on their own with no household name mystique to back them

I agree that Washburn does have better quality control than Gibson. But I wouldn't buy shit from the guy in the vid, Eric McKenna, he is an ass.

Back