Anyone here have any experience with Mojo cabs?

• Thread starter Thread starter argonaut4
  • Start date Start date
A
argonaut4
I'm thinking of ordering an empty OS 2x12 and maybe a 4x12. How's the sound quality? They appear well built, but all I care about is how they sound. I have my own speakers.

I know that Vlad / Vrad has one and he really likes it. PM him.

>|<>QBB<
argonaut4":1727d said:
I'm thinking of ordering an empty OS 2x12 and maybe a 4x12. How's the sound quality? They appear well built, but all I care about is how they sound. I have my own speakers.

The Mojo cabs are as good as if not better then any Marshall cab that I have played. To be honest with you, The mojo cabs that I have played were of way better quality then my 2 Marshalls that I own. They actually smoked my Marshalls in every way. I never played a mojo 2x12 but I can't see it sucking!!

Thanks!

I've been trying out a lot of cabs lately and since I have speakers coming out of my ears...been looking for some empty cabs.

I do find it a little strange, though, Avatar sells the same OS212 cab (made by MOJO) with your choice of Celestion for only $13 more. Makes that a no-brainer.

I think if you like your speakers, you'll like how they sound in a Mojo cab, since it's just a solidly built variation on a classic design. I took the blackbacks out of my original '75 marshall slant and put them in a mojo straight cab. Same sound but slightly beefier, and it's nicer with the metal handles and ply back.

>|<>QBB<
argonaut4":62990 said:
Thanks!

I've been trying out a lot of cabs lately and since I have speakers coming out of my ears...been looking for some empty cabs.

I do find it a little strange, though, Avatar sells the same OS212 cab (made by MOJO) with your choice of Celestion for only $13 more. Makes that a no-brainer.

AS Ralph suggested to me.....find someone that wants two new speakers and sell them and keep the cab :wink:

>|<>QBB<
ratter":dc21b said:
I think if you like your speakers, you'll like how they sound in a Mojo cab, since it's just a solidly built variation on a classic design. I took the blackbacks out of my original '75 marshall slant and put them in a mojo straight cab. Same sound but slightly beefier, and it's nicer with the metal handles and ply back.

Yeah, you nailed it. I have some speakers that sound especially sweet. I pounded the hell out of them for about a year with the herbert when i had it. Just looking for the right cabs to house them. Those Blackbacks are nice, but like all vintage stuff, some sound a lot better than others. I had some in a '77 Marshall (G12H 55hz) and they sounded horrible, but a friend of mine had the same exact speakers that slayed everything else I've ever heard. Awesome you got some good ones.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":207ec said:
>|<>QBB<

AS Ralph suggested to me.....find someone that wants two new speakers and sell them and keep the cab :wink:

Yep, no brainer... :mrgreen:

I love my Mojo cab. I've been through a ton of cabs and this one isn't going anywhere.

i've played the avatar that's built by them and it sounded pretty damn good to me

haven't played their other cabs, but i've heard good things

If you already have speakers you could check these guys out. Mojo cabs but already made up for them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOJO-4x12-Guitar-Cabinet-with-Marshall-Check-Grillcloth_W0QQitemZ220084201580QQihZ012QQcategoryZ38075QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or avatar is great way to go.

Back