MarkIV Satriani clip.

• Thread starter Thread starter thiswaythatway
  • Start date Start date
thiswaythatway
thiswaythatway
This is a cover of a Joe Satriani song off the Crystal Planet CD called Train Of Angels. I used a Boogie MarkIV, Anderson Drop Top, and a Bogner 2x12 with V30's. For the middle solo i used an Ernie Ball Musicman Steve Morse guitar.

I only play the leads as i found this backing a while back. Fun and straightforward tune. The very last solo gets loud, when i realized it i didn't feel like going back and fixing it, oh well.

http://www.musicv2.com/stream.php?id=28260

That sounds awesome! I can't believe you don't like those V30's.

sounds nice Dan. So you finally got the IV back huh? What ended up being wrong with it??

-Joe

sounds nice Dan. So you finally got the IV back huh? What ended up being wrong with it??

Oh, and I totally forgot about this since everything has been crazy lately, but do you still have those CDs by any chance?

-Joe

Sounds awesome, Danny!

I just posted a cover of a Satriani tune but put the term "classic rock" in the title. I think it is scaring some listeners off but the actual tune has a classic rock vibe.

Great lead tone again!

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":50fef said:
That sounds awesome! I can't believe you don't like those V30's.

I do like them. I never disliked V30's. I like MC90's a little more but as with anything, tweaking and adjusting things goes a long way. I played out for a few years with a Boogie vertical 2x12 with V30's and it served me well.

When i first started using the V30's a few weeks ago i think i just had to get used to them. I was going to trade but i didn't get any interest so i may just keep them.

danyeo it really sounds pretty kickass man...any chance you'd wanna trade just one v30 for an mc90?

>|<>QBB<
mightyjoeyoungxnj":1e36f said:

-Joe

PM me your address. The last shop that the IV was in they said they swapped a few resistors which i think took care of one problem. And I'm using a JJ SP12AX7 which is specifically designed for the V1 slot and so far, that's working out. Ralph had an issue that i was having and this preamp seems to be helping.

And if you ever want to come over and jam let me know.

>|<>QBB<
Code001":15614 said:
I forgot to ask...what are your settings?

I have the head out of the chassis right now for a special little project I'm doing. But i usually use pentode,simulclass, full power, presence pushed in, bass and mid set low, a mild V on the EQ.

I also noticed that some lead tones record well without the EQ engaged.

>|<>QBB<
gibson5413":048ac said:
Sounds awesome, Danny!

I just posted a cover of a Satriani tune but put the term "classic rock" in the title. I think it is scaring some listeners off but the actual tune has a classic rock vibe.

Great lead tone again!

Thanks, and I'll check out your Satch clip. Most every clip i have heard from you has been really good.

>|<>QBB<
cobrahead1030":195e0 said:
danyeo it really sounds pretty kickass man...any chance you'd wanna trade just one v30 for an mc90?

I'm not sure. I think i am having second thoughts. What i may do is just order an Avatar 2x12 loaded with some different speakers or scope out something where i can throw some MC90's in them.

At first i had problems getting recorded tones i liked, i guess i was too used to MC90's. I just needed some tweak time.

I love that song!
Excellent rendition Dan. The lead tone is very similar to the CD. This makes me believe he must have used Mesa amps on that CD.

I wonder what he used on the tune "With Jupiter in Mind", I love that lead tone.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":92e62 said:
>|<>QBB<

PM me your address. The last shop that the IV was in they said they swapped a few resistors which i think took care of one problem. And I'm using a JJ SP12AX7 which is specifically designed for the V1 slot and so far, that's working out. Ralph had an issue that i was having and this preamp seems to be helping.

And if you ever want to come over and jam let me know.

Cool, I still miss my Mark III to this day...

When I get some time I'll come jam...I'd like to hear the Orange TT through some different cabs.

PM sent, thanks!

-Joe

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":fa3cc said:
>|<>QBB<

I also noticed that some lead tones record well without the EQ engaged.

:o

:wink:

That's how I used mine for lead 100% of the time :)

About time you stopped stressing over the cab... told ya it sounded good as is 8)

Back