Poor Man's Ubershall?

• Thread starter Thread starter CaseyCor
  • Start date Start date
C
CaseyCor
I dig Ubershall's a LOT, but definatly don't have the coin for one. Even if I did, it wouldn't be pratical for me right now. So what do you suggest? I really dig the Ubershall's gain channel.

damn. I dunno. I've found some good deals on high gainers on musicgoround if that helps any.

Isn't it the Carvin Legacy people say sounds a bit similar to a Uber??
Don't quote me on that, might be wrong.

:|::QBB:
jonny toetags":cf9e8 said:

It's *somewhat* similar to a Shiva, but not an Uber...

CaseyCor":25891 said:
I dig Ubershall's a LOT, but definatly don't have the coin for one. Even if I did, it wouldn't be pratical for me right now. So what do you suggest? I really dig the Ubershall's gain channel.

I've not heard any amp that sounds or responds like the Uberschall's gain channel. Sorry.

AmpliFIRE":f312f said:

It's *somewhat* similar to a Shiva, but not an Uber...

The Blackface Recto you just got sounds better than any Uber i have played IMHO. Well, i like the Recto with a boost pedal to tighten it up.

jonny toetags":a1781 said:

No, it's been compared to an Ecstasy.

just get a boss metal zone. haha, seriously though. i think there is even a dude selling a bogner mod of them on ebay every now and then.

reformat hard":9648e said:
just get a boss metal zone. haha, seriously though. i think there is even a dude selling a bogner mod of them on ebay every now and then.

I wonder if he would wire me up a Diezel mod one so I can play it into a Peavey Classic 30 instead of buying a Herbert?

danyeo":a6f38 said:

The Blackface Recto you just got sounds better than any Uber i have played IMHO. Well, i like the Recto with a boost pedal to tighten it up.

:m16:

CaseyCor":35ac1 said:

get a 5150 and send it to Jerry P :D . he can do pretty much anything with one of those

jonny toetags":6f1a7 said:

Not even close.

i think a boosted mesa comes close. but, i've never got to spend alot of time with a uber to say absolutely. my bud in another band, has a triple rec, that sounds awsome with my maxon as aboost. its got a real throaty growl like that.

By the way, the mods that are Bogner/Herbert modded Metal Zones are by Humphrey Audio. I don't think they have a website, at least I haven't been able to find it.

I recall someone over at the ESP Boards talking about the Laney Iommi sounding VERY similar to a Ubershall. And he owned both at the same time (maybe it was Gajin?).

Whats the deal with this MZ Mod thing?

CaseyCor":f1fa3 said:
I recall someone over at the ESP Boards talking about the Laney Iommi sounding VERY similar to a Ubershall. And he owned both at the same time (maybe it was Gajin?).

Whats the deal with this MZ Mod thing?

what is this laney Iommi that you speak of????????????

Back