Elmwood M60 Modena clip

• Thread starter Thread starter J.B.
  • Start date Start date
J.B.
J.B.
Did a quick clip of my new Modena. Much thanks to Josh Sage at Rebel Amps for the absolute best transaction ever. A class act all the way.

I will be posting a review of the amp later....maybe tonight. But here is the skinny on the clip.

The rythm was done on the OD channel with the boost off. gain was at about 1:00. All the EQ controls were around noon. Fat was at about 10:00 and edge at 3:00. The leads were the same settings but with the boost on. Boost level was at 1:00 also. Here's the clip and a couple pics.

Elmo007.jpg

Elmo005.jpg

Elmo017.jpg

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=559543&songID=5052195

Sounds sweet! I never knew they came in tolex. Thought it was just stained birch.

Anyway, any chance you could do more? maybe some bluesy tone like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUZK9dasP8s

Thanks?

The more the better! :D

:|::QBB:
adam":23e3a said:
Sounds sweet! I never knew they came in tolex. Thought it was just stained birch.

Anyway, any chance you could do more? maybe some bluesy tone like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUZK9dasP8s

Thanks?

The more the better! :D
Are you kidding me!?!? :D That's like asking me to do a Petrucci solo! :D It does excell at those tones though. I will be doing more clips in time.

sounds cool J.B.
your clips are always great sounding though, so I wasn't surprised:)

Inearthed":aa8e6 said:
Sounds good. Is it a keeper?
Yep, definately a keeper. It holds it own with my Cameron and that says a lot. But it sounds very different from the Cameron. The Cam sounds buzzy in comparison, but not in a bad way or anything. Just different gain structures.

vchizzle":c6e4c said:
sounds cool J.B.
your clips are always great sounding though, so I wasn't surprised:)
You're too kind bro. Now be kind and sell me that damn PRS!! :D

Another great clip JB!! It sounds like it's a pretty bright amp. Was it difficult to record?

:)

Shit, I had no idea you got one of those! Sounds pretty cool!

Yup, the more I hear the more I like that tone. Elmwood gas coming on strong now......must....not....give in.... NO!!!! YES!! NO! YES!!!

So far from JB and Todd Duane im loving what im hearin'! A few more clips and il be getting one! :D

tnourse":9e123 said:
Another great clip JB!! It sounds like it's a pretty bright amp. Was it difficult to record?

:)
Thanks. Acually, it's not a bright amp at all. You can dial it in bright, darker, whatever you want. I guess I did dial it in bright on this one. It has a lot to do with my recording software. It seams to sound good and balanced, then after I convert it and everything, it sounds brighter. Not real difficult to record, but not as easy as some others I've had.

adam":e2252 said:
So far from JB and Todd Duane im loving what im hearin'! A few more clips and il be getting one! :D
I acually Emailed Todd a couple times and asked him about it. He got back to me right away and gave me his thoughts. It's still his #1 amp and I guess he sold his Herbert, IIC+ and VHT after getting the Modena. It's not going to cover everything those amps do, but for his sound he preferes it.

Megadeth7684":e5da6 said:
Shit, I had no idea you got one of those! Sounds pretty cool!
Between you and myself, you just never know what's going to pop up. :D ;)

simbasa":efe48 said:
Yup, the more I hear the more I like that tone. Elmwood gas coming on strong now......must....not....give in.... NO!!!! YES!! NO! YES!!!
I'll do a real in depth review of the amp soon allong with some more clips.

Kick ass...
Sounds like great shit to me! Killer playing!
Keep the clips coming!

Another Modena 60 on order!
Josh

Just in from JB, the elmwood is now in metal territory w/ the boost.

Be ready for a clip.
Josh

Back