Poor Man's Ubershall?

• Thread starter Thread starter CaseyCor
  • Start date Start date
Laney makes (maybe its discontinued?) a Iommi Signature Model Amp.

:|::QBB:
CaseyCor":86ca3 said:
Laney makes (maybe its discontinued?) a Iommi Signature Model Amp.
yea but I am not sure it sounds like an Uber, I could be very wrong.

no the iommi won't do it. maybe if it had another gainy pedal inn front goosing it.
the best thing you can do is find a decent sounding amp and boost it w/ a metal oriented pedal.

What was the deal with those MZ Mods eveyone was talking about earlier?

+1 on the metal zone ... I'd love to run a metal zone direct into my sound card and get Uber tones! woot :D

feintguitarist":ef019 said:
+1 on the metal zone ... I'd love to run a metal zone direct into my sound card and get Uber tones! woot :D

haha yeah man, i have the bogner set up for live stuff, but i totally have a boss me-30 for my set up in my apartment away from the practice space. it works so well to track new riffs through audacity and throw some drum tracks on it with fruity loops. boing.

228519.jpg

No shit. It sounds VERY close.

Nothing is going to sound or respond like the Uberschall. I have a ton of amps and the only thing even remotly close to doing so is a Mako Dorado and it is still different.

The Warp X is in the ballpark but it still doesn't have that shake your nuts low end response and isn't quite as dynamic or big sounding for rythm stuff. I haven't spent a ton of time with either but auditioning both I didn't think it was quite as close as lead to believe.

LordOVchaoS":076fa said:
228519.jpg

No shit. It sounds VERY close.

Holy fuck, this thing wins the ugliest amp ever created award. It's like the Wangcaster of amps. :P

lol i dont find it that ugly... i'd put it around the same area of ugliness as 5150s

Yeah, its not THAT ugly. 5150's aren't too good looking either.

bigangryguitar":60009 said:
The Warp X is in the ballpark but it still doesn't have that shake your nuts low end response and isn't quite as dynamic or big sounding for rythm stuff. I haven't spent a ton of time with either but auditioning both I didn't think it was quite as close as lead to believe.

Yea but it's not as expensive either :D It's the closest thing I know of that's affordable.

I think they look kinda cool too, I like the looks of most all H&K's. I agree with the 5150 remarks too :D Butt ugly.

Back