Roadcases, universal for many heads

• Thread starter Thread starter blackba
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":143e1 said:
>|<>QBB<

I just haven't had good experiences with them. When we did that Warrant/Firehouse thing, it was DAMN nice to have cases with the stuff riding in the trailer and stuff. But for local gigging, they've been a huge pain in the ass to me. They can be bulky and heavy. When I'm already taking up every inch in a small car with my crap, it almost makes it impossible to fit in there with stuff.

I hear you, I just hope this doesn't add too much bulk or too much weight.

It may be time for you to invest in a larger vehicle :D I had to, 1st child is on the way. :)

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":7a3c6 said:
>|<>QBB<

I just haven't had good experiences with them. When we did that Warrant/Firehouse thing, it was DAMN nice to have cases with the stuff riding in the trailer and stuff. But for local gigging, they've been a huge pain in the ass to me. They can be bulky and heavy. When I'm already taking up every inch in a small car with my crap, it almost makes it impossible to fit in there with stuff.

Warrant/Firehouse thing, did you tour with them? Do tell, come on Chris, spill the beans.....

I was just playing some Firehouse last night :o

Got the SKB case in, its huge :D

I thought there were going to be straps on the inside securing the head to the case and then you could back foam around it. The straps are on the outside. They give you a bunch of foam to stick around the head, which will probably not be enough for most of my heads.

For far I am not impressed since there are no straps on the inside of the case. It will work once I get the foam worked out, especially on days like today when its snowing....

:|::QBB:
SgtThump":8c116 said:
Also, it sucks that you're not digging the SKB head case. I figured that thing would be huge, though.

Chris

If they would have put straps inside that thing, it would be perfect. It still will be useful for gigging in the winter, like today. Just keeps snowing....
I wonder if I can install some straps on my own, maybe I will have to see what my works model shop can do.

And I missed the Warrant/Firehouse thing. Believe it or not I don't get a chance to read all your posts :D

SgtThump":32f49 said:

LOL! I know, but I'm a bit surprised, as I made a really big deal out of it. :)

If it was a few years ago for the Warrant/Firehouse thing, that is not surprising that I missed it, that is right around the time my mom passed away from a car accident so I wasn't on the forums much in '03

Anyway, I have Firehouse's first 2 albums, any of their others worth getting?

Back