Looks like it's going to be a JVM..

• Thread starter Thread starter CrazyPhil
  • Start date Start date
C
CrazyPhil
Got the clearance from the wife with morning and as soon as the funds arrive (tax return), I'll probably be ordering a JVM. I'm a little apprehensive because this will represent the single largest sum of money I will have ever spent on a single guitar-related item. I hope the amp is worth the money. I know Marshall has had some quality issues in the past and for that amount of money, Mesa makes amps that *feel* like they are higher quality. I know the JVM has all the features I want, and if the tone is there and it ain't broke when I get it, then it should be ok. I just hope for the kind of money this thing costs that it will be something I'll be able to use for years to come.

Many of the TSL issues were addressed with the JVM like the footswitch cable and the pots being mounted on a seperate daughter card so I would not worry about that as much.

Many tones in that box, I hope you enjoy it.

:|::QBB:
Digital Jams":072a7 said:
Many of the TSL issues were addressed with the JVM like the footswitch cable and the pots being mounted on a seperate daughter card so I would not worry about that as much.

+1 They're supposed to built better than the TSL's and there's a LOT of 10 year old TSL's out there running perfectly.

Marshall Freak":b62aa said:

+1 They're supposed to built better than the TSL's and there's a LOT of 10 year old TSL's out there running perfectly.

TSL's aren't 10 years old yet, are they?

Marshall Freak":a93f5 said:

They came out in '97, and it's 2007 now.

that is right, because i remember when they first came out my buddies rich parents bought him a half stack. i was a freshman or junior in highschool. wow time flies

You can buy mine for $1650 shipped. I haven't even gotten it yet, it will be NIB.

Killa J":e3936 said:
You can buy mine for $1650 shipped. I haven't even gotten it yet, it will be NIB.

Man this don't make me feel good all you guys that are getting the JVM on SteveVHT's deal wanting to sell them before even getting them?

CrazyPhil":eec2a said:

Man this don't make me feel good all you guys that are getting the JVM on SteveVHT's deal wanting to sell them before even getting them?

I'm still onboard.

I was reconsidering, then I called SteveVHT, and felt better after talking to him.

He's as frustrated with this as we are...but, in terms of economics, you can't blame Marshall for what they did...(shipping to the big-guys first to keep from pissing off GC/MF, etc)

CrazyPhil":01c88 said:
Got the clearance from the wife with morning and as soon as the funds arrive (tax return), I'll probably be ordering a JVM. I'm a little apprehensive because this will represent the single largest sum of money I will have ever spent on a single guitar-related item. I hope the amp is worth the money. I know Marshall has had some quality issues in the past and for that amount of money, Mesa makes amps that *feel* like they are higher quality. I know the JVM has all the features I want, and if the tone is there and it ain't broke when I get it, then it should be ok. I just hope for the kind of money this thing costs that it will be something I'll be able to use for years to come.

Have you played one?

Steve

Digital Jams":2ba64 said:

How does it sound compared to the TSL?
Is it more of the same, or is there more versatility?

charliedango":66ee7 said:

How does it sound compared to the TSL?
Is it more of the same, or is there more versatility?

Different amp all together and with 12 different modes way more options. You can get Plexi type tones, 800, and high gain and a great clean channel.

sah5150":59629 said:

Have you played one?

Steve

No, not yet. I'll have to drive about 100 miles to the nearest place that carries them (Atlanta), or I'll just have to get one from MF and take a chance that I get a good one to start.

I can save you some money if you want one. I should have some more arriving anytime.

George

CrazyPhil":22947 said:

No, not yet. I'll have to drive about 100 miles to the nearest place that carries them (Atlanta), or I'll just have to get one from MF and take a chance that I get a good one to start.

I'd do the drive to make sure I wanted it before buying one, but thats just me...

Steve

sah5150":0f434 said:

I'd do the drive to make sure I wanted it before buying one, but thats just me...

Steve

+1

That's exactly what I was thinking. I've driven farther than that just to try an amp I knew I WASN'T going to buy. I know that hype can be intoxicating, but a little road trip can save you a headache later on. Just my .02.

sah5150":472df said:

Steve

Either that or buy one at Musicians friend and take advantage of there return policy. If you dig it then keep it. If you don;t then send it back. Or you could do the Ralph method where you buy one from musicians friend just to check it out and if you dig t, return it anyway and buy one from George!!(greazygeo)

Gainfreak":30197 said:

Either that or buy one at Musicians friend and take advantage of there return policy. If you dig it then keep it. If you don;t then send it back. Or you could do the Ralph method where you buy one from musicians friend just to check it out and if you dig t, return it anyway and buy one from George!!(greazygeo)
:D You are evil Ralph!! :)

Back