My everlasting Search for a Channel Switching 1x12 combo

• Thread starter Thread starter Drew
  • Start date Start date
Will I need a boost pedal for a Peavey Classic 30?

Kage--what POD do you have (XT, XTL, 2.0 or original)? Does the Atomic add enough presence so it sounds like the amp is in the same room?

That depends on what you're playing. It's not a modern metal amp. I think it has plenty of gain, though. I mostly suggested that because I would think you shouldn't have too much trouble finding one to try out. ;)

:|::QBB:
Drew":bd1b9 said:
Kage--what POD do you have (XT, XTL, 2.0 or original)? Does the Atomic add enough presence so it sounds like the amp is in the same room?

I have the XT but I used the 2.0 for awhile... The Tube/Speaker combination of the Atomic Reactor warms everything up.... It doesnt have a dedicated Presence control but the amp definitely sounds clear crisp and in the same room. It really comes alive with Volume as well....

The price is a little higher, but I'd go with a Budda SD18 combo....

:|::QBB:
SgtThump":4771f said:
What kind of music are we talking about here?

FWIW, I did a few gigs with a Flextone II 1x12" combo and I can honestly say it was the best sounding combo I've ever owned. It shocked the heck out of me.

It's kind of 80's sounding rock and pop sort of tunes. They all remind me of "Roll With the Changes" era REO Speedwagon or U2 or The Police etc.

Back