How should I fight Mark IV GAS?

• Thread starter Thread starter Random Hero
  • Start date Start date
It's actually crossed my mind to sell the Herbert to do it, but I don't think I should do that. :eek:

:|::QBB:
Random Hero":0d67e said:
It's actually crossed my mind to sell the Herbert to do it, but I don't think I should do that. :eek:

Don't do it. The Mk IV is a great amp, but you'll regret selling the Herbert IMHO.

listen to Lamb of God..couldn't have made them sound worser...

metalpoida":bd321 said:

I like their tone. Never used to, but since I saw them live and stood right infront of their cabs, i've loved it.

Damn it. I could get a Mark IV + £650 for my Diezel :eek:

Random Hero":c80a3 said:
Have you played a Mark IV before? I would not take anyone's advice other than to play it for yourself before making any moves like selling Herbert. :doh:

simbasa":e1d85 said:
:|::QBB: Have you played a Mark IV before? I would not take anyone's advice other than to play it for yourself before making any moves like selling Herbert. :doh:

I have indeed, but only briefly.

metalpoida":2c018 said:

The IV is soo versatile you can dial it in to sound a lot different from the next guy. You can easily dial it in for a crap sound if you're not careful.

The Herbert is a great amp. I like the lead channel on my IV better than the Herbert but the Herberts 2nd channel is soo damm good where R2 on the IV leaves a lot to be desired.

No way, you have it and it will be tough to get one again if you want it.

I will say that I backed down my 6600hz slider last night and must have hit the sweet spot cause man was the IV sounding smooth.

Random Hero":d3b20 said:

I have indeed, but only briefly.
I suggest you demo it for a few hours and see if that's what you really,really want to do.. The bad thing about Diezel, if you're not wealthy, it's alot of money tied up in 1 amp. The other thing is selling it and then a month down the road you may think that was the best amp you had and now you have to save all over again for another one. That's a possibility you have to consider.

Digital Jams":7f667 said:
No way, you have it and it will be tough to get one again if you want it.

I will say that I backed down my 6600hz slider last night and must have hit the sweet spot cause man was the IV sounding smooth.

You mean the Herbert will be hard to get again? If so, you're right.

Random Hero":75cf3 said:

You mean the Herbert will be hard to get again? If so, you're right.
They pop up on ebay fairly often but a new one will be very hard to come by. The Guitar Center in San Francisco where I got Einstein in September...they have not recieved ANY Diezels whatsoever since last Summer and they told me they have none scheduled to come in. All those Herbies coming down the line are already spoken for.

simbasa":54bd5 said:
:|::QBB: I suggest you demo it for a few hours and see if that's what you really,really want to do.. The bad thing about Diezel, if you're not wealthy, it's alot of money tied up in 1 amp. The other thing is selling it and then a month down the road you may think that was the best amp you had and now you have to save all over again for another one. That's a possibility you have to consider.

He's in England, Herberts are a lot cheaper on that side of the pond.

danyeo":9f1ed said:

True, comparatively. But if you take that the Herberts are $4,100 in the US. They're £2,300 here, which is roughly $4,600 :eek:

danyeo":40cf7 said:

I know they are cheaper ...so what's the cost of a new Herbie versus a Mark IV new over there, then? So you would get 650 -1300 u.s. back and the Mark IV for trading or selling the Herbie?

A new Herbert is £2,300, new Mark IV is £1,800ish, but theres a new Mark IV on eBay right now for £1,395 and a used one for £950.

I have an offer on the Herbert of £1,500.

Back