A JVM showed up in a local store.

• Thread starter Thread starter thiswaythatway
  • Start date Start date
:|::QBB:
stratotone":bba98 said:

I loved my Mk III, but Brent SP had a Mark IV that sounded like it was gargling gravel. VERY rough sounding. Now, I was comparing it at the time to his XTC, but still - it sounded like a rock tumbler at a Boy Scout geode convention.

Pete

Something had to be wrong with his MKIV. I've owned 2 MKIII's and a MKIV, and the IV is MUCH smoother sounding...esp. for leads.

carlygtr56":e9913 said:

Exactly.
This guy bought the JVM to simply report he canned in within a day or two and how much better his Splawn is.
Do the math- Splawn ONE sound.........JVM- 12.

Meanwhile, IMO George's clips sound better than any Splawn clip I ever heard and I heard TONS.

i had no idea the splawn was a single channel amp

Yo digital jams, I'm not searching but it might seem like it. I love the uber I have and my splawn. The pb gets a lot of action to. I don't like trying amps at a store because I like to try them with my own cabs and guitars and hear them with my stuff. I love gear and love to try new stuff since I have the access to do so.
Its fun to try out differant amps. I'm perfectly happy with what I got but I still like to try other stuff. Maybe that will help everybody understand better.

Carl I hate to tell you this but your way off, I don't buy amps to bag on them. I personally found my splawn to sound clearer, tighter, be better built, be more agressive sounding. I wasn't into the jvm and after owning almost 40 amps I have a pretty good Idea what I like in a amp and the jvm isn't it. So think what you want and love your amp, but don't be such a know it all dickhead. You don't know me.
If you like your amp then good for you, worry about yourself. I read into all you guys hype and the jvm didn't meet the expectations to me. And I bet a lot of them will be on ebay in a month.

stratotone":48329 said:

I loved my Mk III, but Brent SP had a Mark IV that sounded like it was gargling gravel. VERY rough sounding. Now, I was comparing it at the time to his XTC, but still - it sounded like a rock tumbler at a Boy Scout geode convention.

Pete

New Zorran clip...DIRECT....and it doesn't sound buzzy...
http://streamer2.soundclick.com/jarry_DL/29/05/freemp3/zorran+downagainclip.mp3

zao":f321e said:
Yo digital jams, I'm not searching but it might seem like it. I love the uber I have and my splawn. The pb gets a lot of action to. I don't like trying amps at a store because I like to try them with my own cabs and guitars and hear them with my stuff. I love gear and love to try new stuff since I have the access to do so.
Its fun to try out differant amps. I'm perfectly happy with what I got but I still like to try other stuff. Maybe that will help everybody understand better.

Its cool but just so you know the JVM can get to PB sat levels so I hear and I will know soon enough since mine is sitting about 120 miles awway from me right now. IF you are digging the Splawn I could see you not liking the JVM, the JVM has more color to its voicing to me.

Back