Incoming... VHT Black Beauty....

• Thread starter Thread starter SteveVHT
  • Start date Start date
SteveVHT
SteveVHT
Confirmed today, and will be here next week. It will be the only one in the USA.
For those who do not know about it....
It's a all black 2/50/2 with a 6L6 power section.
Hopefully Steve wrote something silly on it for me.
I will post pics as soon as it gets here.
They are only made for 220v European/Japanese dealers. I am pretty excited to get this.
Now I will have to get one of my GP3 preamps powdercoated in black... :lol:

This is what it looks like...
img1029879008.jpeg

Nice but I'm sure it couldn't touch my old 1989 purple 2150 power amp. That thing was insane. Still, I'd take a Mesa Strategy 400 over any VHT power amp. Even more insane :eek:

Holy fuck I want one of those!

I'd love to hear your JMP-1 through that.

Cool Steve, I played a CAE 3+SE thru one of them and that sounded amazing!

:|::QBB:
thegame":4bd90 said:
Nice but I'm sure it couldn't touch my old 1989 purple 2150 power amp. That thing was insane. Still, I'd take a Mesa Strategy 400 over any VHT power amp. Even more insane :eek:

I agree about the 2150....but it's a different animal all together.
The point is that this is the only VHT 6L6 power amp... The 2150 and 2/90/2 are KT88 and the regular 2/50/2 is EL34.
But I did own a MB Strategy, 2:90, and Coloseum power amp when I got my first VHT 2/90/2... Needless to say, I don't have the MB amps anymore.
I still have a MB 50/50, but it's not even in the same league as the VHT's for power and clarity...nor were the others.
I'm just excited to have a unique power amp coming.
Steve

:|::QBB:
lordriffenstein":006c6 said:
Cool Steve, I played a CAE 3+SE thru one of them and that sounded amazing!

I always loved the 3+SE through a 6L6 power section...
Maybe I'll have to get another one :lol:

I hate you steve! I think the 6l6 power amp section is great sounding.

I'd sure love a 6l6 VHT power amp :( That could possibly make me consider going to rack!

I'm not so sure you get it anyways. But that's okay.

Carry on!

looks very cool Steve. awesome to have a VHT one-off piece. 6L6 power would be really cool. I think me personally, I'd like it alot for clean stuff. it would be ideal to be able to have a clean side going to this power amp and a overdriven side going to a 2/50/2, 2/90/2 or 2150. THAT would be sweet! for my taste at least.
I'll be interested to hear what you think of the responsiveness of it...I'm sure it will have that signature VHT tightness.

Very cool! Never heard of it before. Can't wait for the review!

Back