new rig day!!!(half stack for home)

• Thread starter Thread starter vchizzle
  • Start date Start date
vchizzle
vchizzle
ok, more accurately an 1/8 stack :D
THD-VHT112008.jpg

I got the THD Univalve for home use. Its not a metal rig. GREAT classic/hard rock high gain tones along with great cleans. this is a one channel deal if you're not familiar with it. VERY touch responsive. can take pretty much any power tube. cathode biased single-ended class A. wattage is about 15W max. it depends on what tube you have in it. so far I don't have a ton of tubes. my favorites so far have been 6V6 for clean mild OD at low volumes. I like the older RCA 6L6 for straight cleans. and the KT-77 for heavier OD.
when I need to really bring on the metal - I turn the mighty metal zone on :lol: I've used it in a boost manner with the amp overdriving and also using it "normal" in front of a straight clean tone. either way it has worked well enough to put me into metal territory to practice band stuff.
I really love the amp for playing other styles out of my aggressive hard rock band material though. I was rockin' some Black Crowes styled stuff and things like that the other day. those types of tones is where this little amp really shines.

built in hotplate also, which helps when I HAVE to be extra quiet...amp sounds better without it, but it works well and sounds good for when its a must.

The VHT cab(got it Petelaramee-great transaction! thanks!) 1x12 sounds great too. V30 in it right now. I may try other speakers just for shits and giggles. sounds great as it sits

here's just the head
THDfront2.jpg

Ive been Seriously driveing my Mind up the wall
on Weather to get a Univalue or a Carr Amp
2 Great Amps id like to see in one :thumbsup:

for now it looks like 75 % UniValue
but the end of the year should look like the Carr
which im despately holding out for a Head ;)

Very cool rig, can I see more pics of the guitar please? :)

Wow, cool! I've allways wanted to try one of those. Congrats mang!

:|::QBB:
Alchemist":0fa47 said:
Very cool rig, can I see more pics of the guitar please? :)
by all means :D the ones where the grain shines are taken with flash. so its color changes a bit in lighting/angles
snow2-24-07020.jpg

headstock2.jpg

birds9up.jpg

bodycloseup2.jpg

full2.jpg

snow2-24-07032.jpg

the middle pics are from when the guitar was stock. I changed the pickups & rings, knobs, and the tailpiece to an adjustable stoptail(I use heavy strings and play in dropped C with this guitar).
I like the way it looks now better. I think I liked the stock pickups better though. e-mailed PRS to see about the possibility of those pickups in all black. we'll see what happens.

Very cool, I almost bought the CU24 20th anniversary in that finish this summer. I really like that look on PRS, now I kinda regret not getting it.... but I did get a CS G&L instead lol.... damn I wish I had more money :cry:

J.B.":0c621 said:
Wow, cool! I've allways wanted to try one of those. Congrats mang!
I'll have her whenever we can get another ampfest happening. pretty fun amps to play with! problem is, now I get tube GAS...NOS expensive shit :doh: :no:

Alchemist":373ab said:
Very cool, I almost bought the CU24 20th anniversary in that finish this summer. I really like that look on PRS, now I kinda regret not getting it.... but I did get a CS G&L instead lol.... damn I wish I had more money :cry:
I wanted that guitar too...I couldn't find one with the neck I wanted on it though. the 24's come with either regular neck carve or a wide-thin neck. the regular was a bit more comfortable to me. all of them that I saw were wide thin. oh well, maybe I'll run across one someday. I like the 20th anni birds too.

gaijun":6752c said:
Ive been Seriously driveing my Mind up the wall
on Weather to get a Univalue or a Carr Amp
2 Great Amps id like to see in one :thumbsup:

for now it looks like 75 % UniValue
but the end of the year should look like the Carr
which im despately holding out for a Head ;)
what about the THD bi-valve. I mean who would want one thats Bi? :lol:
seriously though, those are really cool in that you can mismatch power tubes and get some really cool sounds. like use a 6V6 and a KT-88 together - opposite ends of the spectrum! check 'em out if you haven't already :yes:

vchizzle":a9763 said:
:|::QBB:I'll have her whenever we can get another ampfest happening. pretty fun amps to play with! problem is, now I get tube GAS...NOS expensive shit :doh: :no:
Sounds good mang. At least you only have one tube to buy. :lol:

J.B.":4e496 said:
:|::QBB:Sounds good mang. At least you only have one tube to buy. :lol:
less expensive, but sometime just as hard to find. someone that has a matched pair or quad of NOS isn't usually willing to split 'em up cause they get more for 'em all together.

Back