Marshall Vintage Modern IN THE HOUSE

zepman

Guys after about 5 hours of playing on this sucker at GC I fell in love,KILLER amp. Articulate,with all of the Marshall mids I so love. I traded a Silver Jubilee straight up for it( I have 2 and this one I bought for $600)so I feelgreat about what I got., I am currently using it in a 3/4 stack config with my Avatar bluesbreaker cab loaded with greeenbacks on top and a Marshall 4x12 with V-30s on bottom. Mine is the 50 watter and the KT-88's are screaming when pushed hard(like I do). It can cover anything from 50's rock to the moder mayhem without pedals once you engage the second gain stage. It also sounds INSANE with my rack. What is also so impressive is how this amp adjusts to even the slightest guitar control adustments AND different guitars really shine throuigh this amp.I will get some clips up as soon as I can get my sons health together enough for me to feel good about locking my self away in the studio ;)

marshallvintagemodern.jpg.w300h400.jpg

Metal!

John, I think the power section has KT66s bro!

I need to yell at ya later, we have unfinished Zepman INC business to settle and some orders ;)

From the reviews I have been hearing I can't believe you dumped a silver jubilee for it.

Did you try out the Kerry King JCM800, that one has me interested...

I LOVED that amp at NAMM. As a long time plexi owner and current owner of a '70 Supertrem a '72 Super Lead and a Mojave Peacemaker I think I have an idea of what a good vintage plexi and hot rodded plexi sounded like. The VM just sounded killer to me! Congrats.

:|::QBB:
Chubtone":70b98 said:

I can believe it all day.

What's with all the less than stellar reviews, many from long time marshall fans?

Maybe this is typical with new amps I am seeing the same mixed reviews on the JVM as well....

That and I couldn't see selling my silver jubilee, but Zepman has another one, so its not too bad, but still.....

blackba":16aa4 said:

What's with all the less than stellar reviews, many from long time marshall fans?

Maybe this is typical with new amps I am seeing the same mixed reviews on the JVM as well....

That and I couldn't see selling my silver jubilee, but Zepman has another one, so its not too bad, but still.....

I've been reading mostly positive reviews of the JVM, But all this proves is that you must go out and make up your own mind on these amps. While i don't like the VM at all i can easily how others may dig it.

I learned to not trust any reviews of any amps unless it's from a guy I've heard clips of. When I was a Mojave dealer, I had SO many guys come in from the Plexi Palace, HC, Huge Racks, and the Gear Page forums to test out the amps. Many of them were very popular and seemed to be respected by the other forum members and many of them owned killer gear. They would walk in with some beautiful boutique guitar and I'd hook them up to a Mojave and they would start playing and after about 5 seconds I would be like, "what is going on here? This can't possibly be superguitarmaestro17 from such and such a page. That guy is an expert and apparently a monster from the way he comes off". I'm talking about them sounding like a student that had been playing for a year or so or having no sense of rhythm at all. I'm not talking about them not being monsters, I'm talking about them not even being good players.... at all.

But no....... time and time and time again I saw the same thing. It was ridiculous. Plus the Mojave wouldn't sound good in those guys hands at all. You had to man-handle those things and let them know who the boss was. Later that night I'd go on-line and read poor reviews from the guy who had just tried out the amp. A couple of times I PM'd them and said "would you like me to give a review of your playing on that same thread?" Strangely those threads were deleted very quickly. So now, I have a very wary view of internet reviews by guys I've never heard play.

Chubtone":85d48 said:
I learned to not trust any reviews of any amps unless it's from a guy I've heard clips of. When I was a Mojave dealer, I had SO many guys come in from the Plexi Palace, HC, Huge Racks, and the Gear Page forums to test out the amps. Many of them were very popular and seemed to be respected by the other forum members and many of them owned killer gear. They would walk in with some beautiful boutique guitar and I'd hook them up to a Mojave and they would start playing and after about 5 seconds I would be like, "what is going on here? This can't possibly be superguitarmaestro17 from such and such a page. That guy is an expert and apparently a monster from the way he comes off". I'm talking about them sounding like a student that had been playing for a year or so or having no sense of rhythm at all. I'm not talking about them not being monsters, I'm talking about them not even being good players.... at all.

But no....... time and time and time again I saw the same thing. It was ridiculous. Plus the Mojave wouldn't sound good in those guys hands at all. You had to man-handle those things and let them know who the boss was. Later that night I'd go on-line and read poor reviews from the guy who had just tried out the amp. A couple of times I PM'd them and said "would you like me to give a review of your playing on that same thread?" Strangely those threads were deleted very quickly. So now, I have a very wary view of internet reviews by guys I've never heard play.

Man did you drive it home and this post should be stickied :thumbsup:

There are people rating equipment that have no rhythm, no chops, minimal years playing, I have seen reviews of amps and the next guy that got that same amp is yelling half the power section was not even working.

Dont even get me started with guitar reviews..............................

blackba":046c5 said:
From the reviews I have been hearing I can't believe you dumped a silver jubilee for it.

Did you try out the Kerry King JCM800, that one has me interested...

Dude, dont believe everything you read, this amp is killer. I have two jubes so I didnt lose anything :thumbsup: My review is based on my 5 hours of playing it in store, then I brought it home added a mullard to V-1 and it is a CLASSIC marshall.....................John

Digital Jams":a973e said:
Metal!

I need to yell at ya later, we have unfinished Zepman INC business to settle and some orders ;)

Im sorry your right KT-66 and they sound great :D

Chubtone":9ae82 said:
I LOVED that amp at NAMM. As a long time plexi owner and current owner of a '70 Supertrem a '72 Super Lead and a Mojave Peacemaker I think I have an idea of what a good vintage plexi and hot rodded plexi sounded like. The VM just sounded killer to me! Congrats.

Dude wait until you hear the difference the mullard in v-1 did :D

Digital Jams":f76e6 said:
Metal!

Hi Scott, call me at my cell whenever you get a chance 714/244-7522

zepman":78d0e said:

Dude, dont believe everything you read, this amp is killer. I have two jubes so I didnt lose anything :thumbsup: My review is based on my 5 hours of playing it in store, then I brought it home added a mullard to V-1 and it is a CLASSIC marshall.....................John

I don't believe everything I read, but I haven't been reading that good of things on the VM. I know you know marshalls, better than most...

So how does it compare to the silver jubilee?

I would sure love to hear some clips....

I really liked the one i played even tho it was purple.

I was expecting it to absolutely blow like most of the reveiws i was reading. BUt i turned the thing on and engaged the mid boost and i was like wow, it sounded great with leads and chords. I wasn't so impressed with tighter riffs but i would use a boost pedal for those anyway.

I liked this amp a little more than the JVM. I got a more appealing tone faster on the VM i didn't find it hard to tweak at all. mabye i'm used to tweaking my DR.

i found a good tone around these settings.
Pres: 9:00
bass: 10:00
mids: 2:00
Treb: 12:00
high gain/mid boost on
Body: 12:00
Detail: 3:00

I'd definatly pick one up eventually.

Brae

Zep, I thought you cancelled your VM order?

Congrats on the sweet amp, now we need clips!

Question: Does the VM have an EFX. Loop? If so, run the Eventide though it!

Back