SERIOUSLY... How the hell can people actually like this band??

• Thread starter Thread starter Zach
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
what groups in particular are you talking about? ive been listening to death metal since the late 80s, and still dig some of the newer shit coming out.

but what you don't realize is, i've been listening to "real death metal" for years. much longer than the stuff we're debating now.

i see where you are trying to come from. because yes...those bands are the bastard children of death metal and metal core. but bleh dude, i like them. i also love to jam out to older true death metal.

who gives a fuck how troo something is? if you enjoy it then listen to it, if not then find something else

:|::QBB:
cobrahead1030":7e510 said:
who gives a fuck how troo something is? if you enjoy it then listen to it, if not then find something else

Because theres a lack of originality, talent, and message.

mchn13":cafcc said:

dude i want to hear your clips. you must be bad ass

When my band gets a bunch of songs, you'll hear them. And what the shit does this have to do with the thread?

Zach":186dc said:

When my band gets a bunch of songs, you'll hear them. And what the shit does this have to do with the thread?

I think it was because you said JFAC is talentless. In order for someone to truely think a band (even of thier caliber) is TALENTLESS you must have so much talent it is incredible. Ya know, like waking up in the morning and pissing excellence.

How can one possibly think that these guys have any skill??? If I asked them how many sharps or flats a C Major Scale had, they'd be clueless LOL.

Zach":2b7f1 said:
How can one possibly think that these guys have any skill??? If I asked them how many sharps or flats a C Major Scale had, they'd be clueless LOL.

It doesn't take any musical knowledge to be talented at an instrument. A HUGE number of great musicians don't have the slightest clue about notes, scales, theory, etc... They don't care, they play what sounds good. I happen to know a lot about music but I don't take a single bit of my musical booksmarts into consideration when I'm writing songs.

LordOVchaoS":0c0fa said:

It doesn't take any musical knowledge to be talented at an instrument. A HUGE number of great musicians don't have the slightest clue about notes, scales, theory, etc... They don't care, they play what sounds good. I happen to know a lot about music but I don't take a single bit of my musical booksmarts into consideration when I'm writing songs.

+1 million

Zach":edfb9 said:

Because theres a lack of originality, talent, and message.

I totally agree, man. Real dead metal bands sing about serious social issues like slaying dragons and having sex with dead bodies, and then eating them.

LordOVchaoS":b10de said:

Who said they're good at playing their instruments? The drummer can blast beat... and play fast double bass, and the guitar players can play power chords no higher than the fifth fret... goodie.

Zach":1b891 said:

Who said they're good at playing their instruments? The drummer can blast beat... and play fast double bass, and the guitar players can play power chords no higher than the fifth fret... goodie.
That is one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read at Rig-Talk.

Zach":fbc6c said:

this proves your ingnorance dude. you obviously have a pre formed opinion on something you don't know enough about.

like i said, i understand the hostility because yes, as i said they are the bastard children of metal core and death metal but seriously. lighten up. it's music, it's fun! if you don't like it- don't fucking listen to it, but don't insult their talent just because you don't like it (unless it's linkin park)

See, what if you were a Linkin Park fan, just since it's Linkin Park we have the right to bash their talent? That's how I feel with this band.

There's no point in arguing since both sides aren't going to change, and we have the right to our own opinions.

Zach":5327c said:

i think they're good at their instruments, call me crazy

what do you have against them tho? i could really care less who likes a band or not, but the way you keep going on about how much you don't like these guys makes me wonder

can you not talk about music you enjoy without putting someone else down? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back