What amp did Vai use on For The Love of God?

• Thread starter Thread starter mrp5150
  • Start date Start date
Im no Vai expert (call in Digital Jams!), but i thought he was using Soldano stuff at this point...

G3 in Denver he is using the 100B I think.

Good luck getting that tone :lol:

:|::QBB:
Random Hero":82146 said:

Not the Legacys at the side of the stage? ;)

Crap....I am getting my G3s messed up.

His first G3 with Satch and Eric Johnson I think, the one where he just goes off before leading into FTLOG. That one is Bogner.

Does not matter, not too many are going to sound like him through his gear but of course we all know that ;)

For the Passion cd that came out back in 1990 i believe. I have a bunch of magazines with Vai so i can check but i am pretty sure he was using the same stuff that he used when he toured with Roth and Whitesnake. He had some huge Bradshaw rigs, seems like every big time guitar player back then had Bob Bradshaw build them a giants rig. Vai did have a few Marshall back then.

And i know that during the early 90's he was using a prototype XTC.

It was a XTC he said himself in interview. You can get that sound from a red channel XTC. Seen numerous guys play it on one.

keano":11984 said:
It was a XTC he said himself in interview. You can get that sound from a red channel XTC. Seen numerous guys play it on one.

Yes, the XTC certainly does Vai type lead tones very well. I miss it already. :cry:

Back