OT: Ridicule as a young man in a music store: A tale of frustration.

• Thread starter Thread starter Jordon
  • Start date Start date
Cool man. I'll hit ya up on the good ole AIM sometime, and we can bullshit more without taking up a whole damn forum! I personally think Animosity was their pinnicle. Seasons was more commercial, but the recording quiality, and the tones...my GOD the tones on that album. Clint left before they wrote Next...then they got Sonny Mayo from Snot. I was hopeful, but man..I dunno. Dark New Day seems to be what Sevendust should have progressed into. We opened up for Sevenudst last February, and it was a good show, but without Clint singing and throwing down, it just lacked.

:|::QBB:
ZielGuitarist":8244f said:
Cool man. I'll hit ya up on the good ole AIM sometime, and we can bullshit more without taking up a whole damn forum! I personally think Animosity was their pinnicle. Seasons was more commercial, but the recording quiality, and the tones...my GOD the tones on that album. Clint left before they wrote Next...then they got Sonny Mayo from Snot. I was hopeful, but man..I dunno. Dark New Day seems to be what Sevendust should have progressed into. We opened up for Sevenudst last February, and it was a good show, but without Clint singing and throwing down, it just lacked.

no problem dude :) AIM is good for me.

dont get me wrong, Animosity was a good album, i guess i was just in a transition point in what i was listening to at the time and it didnt do as much for me as earlier albums. i got more into heavier, darker stuff like Dimmu Borgir and Emperor LOL
anyways...ill see you on AIM sometime! gotta get to sleep...i worked two doubles in a row and i gotta go back to work at 9 am again (yea...i usually only get about 5 hours sleep. any more and i feel like ass!)

Question..

I don't follow Sevendust much, but I do like some of their stuff..

I was listening to the radio the other day on my way to lunch and Jonathan Davis was on talking with the DJ... and mentioned that they had got Sevendust's old guitarist..

Is this true?

You think this might push Korn's music in a better direction?

He's only touring with them while the pre-production on the new Dark New Day record is being finished. They were on Leno last week and he played with them, they had him stuck in the far left corner, so they arent giving him much recognition.

You should have dropped into the Chinese splits and thrown an uppercut to his balls like Jean Claude did in bloodsport and stuff.

:|::QBB:
ZielGuitarist":8c400 said:
So i'm fooling around on my PRS today without going through an amp, and I notice that my low string seems very lifeless. I have not been able to order my usual strings in some time, so I had been using GHS Zakk Wylde sets (10-60's). These strings seem to die very fast and leave me with a rubber-band sound after a few days. I decide to go in search of strings that wont die so fast, and I know that I dont want to spend an hour at my closest GC watching the guy look at acoustic strings when I'm asking for electrics, so decide to visit the mom-an-pop stores around town.

First I go to the little father-daughters owned store down the street. I've known them for years and I'm on a first-name basis with the father. I ask around, thinking I'll try something new, but they dont have the guages I need...It sucked cause the daughter that was helping me out was gorgeous, and I wanted to hang around asking for things that didnt exsist just to flirt for a bit...I'm a sad man :D

So the next stop in my travels was the family owned store in the next town. Service is usually so-so depending on which family member you are talking to. Well today they had some new help, so I was a bit wary. I go up and ask if they have any strings that go up to a .056, maybe even a 7-string set I can fiddle with. He hands me a pack of DR 11-50's saying that strings dont come bigger then that. I found this interesting, wondering what I've been using these past few years.

Anyway, I see a pack of DR 12-52's and decide to grab those and a single .059 (thought they only came as big as 50?) and a single plain .022 (I cannot stand wound "G" strings). He asks why I need strings so heavy in a very condescending way. I thought "Oh here we go." I reply that band plays in Drop B and Drop A# along with various open tunings based around those. He asks what guitar I play, and I think "Oh god, dropped tunings, and a PRS, he's gonna go on about nu-metal now." I say a PRS Cu22. He says there's no point in tuning to anything but standard, and that all the grats like Page, Vaughan, and Hendrix only played in standard. I couldnt believe it honesly. I thought Page was a fan of alternates at times? And I know SRV tuned down 1/2 step, as well as Hendrix I believe. He asks what music my band plays, and I say Hard Rock, similar to Dark New Day, and Sevendust. He goes "oh nu-metal crap?" What a way to talk to your customers.

I grabbed the strings and walked out shaking my head, mentioning to the owner on my way out that I would not be back unless they did something about that employee. Is it really wrong that I enjoy the sound of a low B chugging away, really like open tunings, and decided a while back that my hands are too small for a 7 string? I mean COME ON!

Thanks for reading my rant.

Hey man, whats the store with the father/daughter combo? Is it in the city? There is one by my house, and the owners daughter is smokin'.

Full Staff in St Charles. Nice little old house on Route 64 and 7th.

HAHA! Yes, definately. Especially since she had to stand on a stool to reach the top rack of strings that was directly in front of my face....But wait...I didnt need acoustic strings...my mistake! :D

I don't feel like clicking on it..

but pretend the 'pics or ban' smiley is here.

Back