Bogner XTC Classic Review!

• Thread starter Thread starter mrp5150
  • Start date Start date
I don't miss my old 101A at all.......wanted to like it, but it was just 3 channels of almost ok tones...

Sounds great :)

By "switchable fx loop" you mean you can switch it in and out with just a touch of a button?

Is that rare?

:|::QBB:
Random Hero":faf44 said:
Sounds great :)

By "switchable fx loop" you mean you can switch it in and out with just a touch of a button?

Is that rare?

Yeah, that's what I meant. I doubt it's rare, but it's a sweet feature.

Greazygeo":44561 said:
I don't miss my old 101A at all.......wanted to like it, but it was just 3 channels of almost ok tones...

That's why I'm looking at the VHT SIG-X whenever they come around, George!! I need something different from the Bogner stuff I've always had. Any idea when they will ship out, Bro?

Keith

Nope!
I'll never own another 101B/101A... I really don't like them. They are too compressed and full of mids with not much else. Just my opinion, but I do NOT like them.
A little of that "Blanket over the speakers" tone too...

SQUAREHEAD":fb52f said:

That's why I'm looking at the VHT SIG-X whenever they come around, George!! I need something different from the Bogner stuff I've always had. Any idea when they will ship out, Bro?

Keith
Supposed to be April. I have two available if you want one.
I cant wait to hear it!

My Bogner experience was nothing but frustration...Uber pos followed by the XTC "I'm almost there" tone and that fantastic tone modifying FX koop..... tone for minutes! :)

SQUAREHEAD":57fe9 said:
Nope!
I'll never own another 101B/101A... I really don't like them. They are too compressed and full of mids with not much else. Just my opinion, but I do NOT like them.
A little of that "Blanket over the speakers" tone too...
My opinion as well! :yes:

Megadeth7684":3e41c said:
This amp is absolutely incredible, hands down the most impressive amp I've ever played. I can't believe some of you guys were saying it wouldn't have enough gain, because it has way more than enough for any style of metal IMO. I preferred using a boost with it, but not because it didn't have enough gain, just because it tightened up the amp a bit and just gave it a bit more edge.

Marshall Freak":3e41c said:

The 101B is a little more compressed, but it has a little more gain while the Classic has a bit more of a raw or open tone and feel.

Megadeth7684":3e41c said:
Hmm, I might have to look into a 101B then... :D

That makes perfect sense, especially since you don't need any more gain and prefer natural/open sounding amps.

JamesPeters":3eb22 said:

That makes perfect sense, especially since you don't need any more gain and prefer natural/open sounding amps.

It does make perfect sense since I can't afford to keep the $3300 Classic, but could afford to keep something that's $1000 cheaper and sounds similar. Really tough to comprehend eh James?

Megadeth7684":32ac0 said:

It does make perfect sense since I can't afford to keep the $3300 Classic, but could afford to keep something that's $1000 cheaper and sounds similar. Really tough to comprehend eh James?

It's not tough to comprehend that you're backpedaling, no. Nice try though, eh Mark?

JamesPeters":aa702 said:

While its worth trying the 101b, James is right Mega.

I much prefer my XTC Classic to the 101b I had, and I'm glad to hear you liked it too :D

I was playing mine tonight with my 335, hot damn :D

JamesPeters":49e13 said:

It's not tough to comprehend that you're backpedaling, no. Nice try though, eh Mark?

Yeah, I'm backpedaling because I can afford to keep a different version of the XTC that's $1000 cheaper, despite the fact that it's a bit more compressed but would still get me a very similar style of tone. Wow, you really got me James!!! Totally owned again!!!

Man this thread is all over....so who is describing this amp in the best way possible????

Digital Jams":3b45f said:
Man this thread is all over....so who is describing this amp in the best way possible????

Play one for yourself and decide what it sounds like, everyone has different opinions.

Megadeth7684":95476 said:

Play one for yourself and decide what it sounds like, everyone has different opinions.

I have a 101B at my house right now from a friend..................

Back