Steve Stevens Appreciation Thread!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Gainzilla
  • Start date Start date
Gainzilla
Gainzilla
I friggin love this guy!!!! If your only exposure to him is through Billy Idol, you are definitely missing out. Heres a list of Albums that he shows what hes Really capable of;

Vince Neil-Exposed
Bozzio, Levin and Stevens-Black Light Syndrome + Situation Dangerous
The Atomic PlayBoys
Steve Stevens-Flamenco a Go Go

The guy has it all; Tone Chops Phrasing and Some really unique and cool quirky stuff( Ray gun etc). Hes definitely in my top 5 all time favorite player list...

Anyone else in to Steve?

Kage

All those under-rated threads SS should be one of the first names typed out.

Awesome player! Love the Levin-Bozzio-Stevens stuff

Word Kage..

just loaded
Atomic Playboys and Exposed and was laughing all day about his chops and tone!

Hey Kage!

I never knew you were a fan of Steve!!! Im a huge fan, i absolutely love the guys playing/tone and kickass stage presence!!

I saw Steve with Billy Idol last year and his playing was beyond awesome! Sick W/D/W rack tones too!

Dan

I have the "Step Into Liquid" soundtrack and he has a Nouveau Flamenco tune on it. He's definitely underrated player but I think that's because he does not really show off...he plays more for the song than for showcasing his skills.

look up his album flamenco a go go. It has some very interesting stuff on there.

nm I missed it in the original post. The guy has some real good feel for tradition while doing the neuevo thing.

:|::QBB:
STEEL KAGE":75a35 said:
I friggin love this guy!!!! If your only exposure to him is through Billy Idol, you are definitely missing out. Heres a list of Albums that he shows what hes Really capable of;

Vince Neil-Exposed
The Atomic PlayBoys

The guy has it all; Tone Chops Phrasing and Some really unique and cool quirky stuff( Ray gun etc). Hes definitely in my top 5 all time favorite player list...

Anyone else in to Steve?

Kage

yeah im loven the Steve Steven's setting on my Digitech 2101 :beardbang: freakin awsome shit
ive tweeked the VAI settings so bad they were useless :gethim:
but their are 4 i havent touched and Steve's Steven's is one
that i dont have to worry about ( rhythm and lead ) :thumbsup:

I always liked him and always thought he was good, but I was completely blown away by his playing in the Bozzio-Levin-Stevens project. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I really dig his playing on the Vince Neal disk. I heard the BLS and liked it too, but I'm more a rock/metal guy when listening, so I dig the stuff he did with Vince a bit more. Of course, you do have to deal with the lyrics with Vince, but the guitar playing is awesome!

Absolute monster. Saw him a couple years back with Billy and he was superb. Exposed has been in heavy rotation recently too!

Need to check out his solo/BLS stuff too, down on cash at the moment :(

I love his more solo stuff but for some reason I couldn't dig the Exposed album, and I love Motley Crue. I think a lot of it had to do with the tone.

I think the tone is one of the factors why i love Exposed, he used a couple of 68 plexi's on that cd!

His playing on Vince's Exposed CD is awesome. You can tell he was definitely out to prove something. Unfortunately, I think it came out just as grunge was taking over so it really got overlooked. His playing was like George Lynch x 10. Balls-out rock.

:|::QBB:
STEEL KAGE":f3e1b said:

Vince Neil-Exposed
The Atomic PlayBoys

Anyone else in to Steve?

Kage

Love the B-L-S stuff, and I played out the Atomic Playboys tape back in the early nineties! "Everybody wants a piece of the action!!!!""

Saw the Vince Neil Exposed CD in the $1 or $2 bin of a used CD store. Picked up it and turned it around and saw the guitar player was Steve Stevens so I bought it. Was FLOORED by the playing on that CD. I also bought the Atomic Playboys CD last year.

Back