"New" $1000+ Ibanezes

• Thread starter Thread starter Gitfiddler
  • Start date Start date
G
Gitfiddler
Are the $1000+ prestige (i believe) Ibanezes that have come out in the past few years worthy? How do they compare to the 550's, 770's, etc of the 90's qualitywise?

Still a few sub $1K Prestiges available:

RGA121
RG570 (mirage colors)
RG2570

I have a 2003 RGT3120 and it KILLS! Sold for $1,499 new if I recall correctly.

Also, have an RGA321FSB that sells for $1,449 new and that is a GREAT guitar.

The one guitar I haven't been impressed with consistently is the RG220T? (neck-thru-ash body one).

The Rg550 are below $1000 but they are pretty much gone and all reserved. The 2570 can be had for $800 and it is a nice playing guitar.

:|::QBB:
Digital Jams":72cca said:
The Rg550 are below $1000 but they are pretty much gone and all reserved. The 2570 can be had for $800 and it is a nice playing guitar.

I was thinking of buying the RG2570 in Vital silver, but seeing as though im having to save up my cash to get it.. its no longer a cheap guitar purchase for me.
I was kinda looking at buying one because it would be a cheaper sorta beater/shredder guitar for me, but at that price.... im just going to save up more cash and buy a GMW superstrat!

MrDan666":bab40 said:

I was thinking of buying the RG2570 in Vital silver, but seeing as though im having to save up my cash to get it.. its no longer a cheap guitar purchase for me.
I was kinda looking at buying one because it would be a cheaper sorta beater/shredder guitar for me, but at that price.... im just going to save up more cash and buy a GMW superstrat!

That is why I bought the RG 565 from RVS, it plays and sounds great and I am not afraid to travel with it as much as the other ones.

If I am going to dump over $1000 into an Ibanez it is going to be a J-Custom.

depends on the individual model IMO...most of them are quite nice, and easily as good as any MIJ ibanez i've owned

there have been a few duds tho

BTW...i think i'm in the process of buying an rg550, lets see if i keep this one

i've owned a 78 artist, rg270dx, s470, sv470, sz320, sz520, rg570, rg565, and rg7420...liked them all but no keepers yet

I love the Prestige necks, they are rock solid and feel great. The cheaper models I don't really care for, they feel "cheap" for some reason.

Ive got the set of RG anniversary models coming in...see how those are when they get here.

Digital Jams":e7cc4 said:

That is why I bought the RG 565 from RVS, it plays and sounds great and I am not afraid to travel with it as much as the other ones.

Thats the thing.. IMO when it gets to the point of paying over $1000, i no longer class it as a cheaper/beater guitar. Thats why im going to just save up the cash and drop it on a nice GMW, which i know i'l be satisfied with!

Greazygeo":2e2ea said:
I love the Prestige necks, they are rock solid and feel great. The cheaper models I don't really care for, they feel "cheap" for some reason.

Ive got the set of RG anniversary models coming in...see how those are when they get here.

George.....bro...........monsta playa.......is either of the maple necked 550s availible??? :D

Ever tell you your the bestest??

i always dug USA ibanez customs, 550's, 770's, and the 540sltd. Because of never-ending gas, i'm wanting something with a razor-thin neck again. I may check out the prestiges

Check out my black RGA121 on ebay right now, great axe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-RGA121-BLACK-Seymour-Duncan-Dimarzio-pickups_W0QQitemZ190090275261

mightyjoeyoungxnj":f115f said:
Check out my black RGA121 on ebay right now, great axe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-RGA121-BLACK-Seymour-Duncan-Dimarzio-pickups_W0QQitemZ190090275261

it looks cool. why are you selling it?

i've been on an anti-floyd kick, but i'm thinking about going back to the dark side..

Gitfiddler":d8d8d said:

it looks cool. why are you selling it?

i've been on an anti-floyd kick, but i'm thinking about going back to the dark side..

I'm trying to buy a nice head right now. I have a RG550 as well. I'm just pooling a bunch of gear I can do without right now to get an amp. It's a great axe though, it took me some time getting used to the bridge...which is weird because all my friends that played it loved it and had no issues. It's in great shape...Only think I've noticed is that the bridge is tarnished a bit. Probably from my acid sweat lol. But no more than my Les Paul standard bridge which looks like it's from the 50's lol.

-Joe

Digital Jams":9ecab said:

Where can you find a J Custom for $1k?

Code001":b33a6 said:

Where can you find a J Custom for $1k?

You forgot he OVER word :)

That one site that everyone hits had a blem or used one for $1200 about a month ago, Ivan saw it as well. Missed it, black RG3120 type one.

The cheapest J-Custom in production at the moment is Ibanez
J-Custom RG8320-BBK:

53989_b.gif

It is $1754.50 + Shipping (about $150) + Bank Transfer Fee

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping_20.php?cate=1&s_cate=1&brand=101&state=1&img_flg=1&page_cnt=48&order=1&state2=&start_index=144

So, in the end, you're basically paying $2k. To say that you'll only buy a J-Custom if you're going to buy an Ibanez for "over $1000" is quite a big statement.... You know that RG1527s are now $835 (street) and will probably hit the $1k mark next year, right? Also, those JEMs you want cost more than $1k, but are standard Prestige model guitars. I hope you see where I'm going with this.

Not sure what your trying to correct but you can PM Ivan about the JC that was listed for about $1200, he was the one that turned me onto it.

The over 1000 line is for new if that helps and I am over the BLK JEM, no longer lusting for that one. Everyone here knows I love the Prestige necks, one of my favorite necks.

If I get another high end Ibanez it will be a J-Custom or a LNG JEM.

Back