A few JVM Clips

• Thread starter Thread starter crwnedblasphemy
  • Start date Start date
:|::QBB:
yngzaklynch":4e5f6 said:

Well I don't know that it'll get as chimey as Fender but can get very nice in it's own way. It's a way above average clean channel for a channel switcher. Another factor here is that Carl said these were at low volume. As nice as this amp sounds at low volume it's so much nicer at louder volumes. Every single channel just come alive. I was so impressed with mine when I finally got to hear it opened up a bit.

Nah, it's not chime I'm talking about, it's a percussive spank. I know the amp does it, especially with somebody like Carl playing through a Strat, but it's just not coming through on the clip. To be fair, spanky clean tones are very difficult to capture.

carlygtr56":f5fa6 said:
Thanks guys. i was curious myself to hear what this amp sounded like on tape.
yes, thru my Tonkers. I just stuck my 57 on a box near one speaker.
The gain was at 2:00 OD-1 orange mode.

When I hit the F chord in the Purple tune, I hear some nice mid meat/chunk.

First off...Killer playing and tones you got with a 57...
Let me ask....What did you mean by,"I just stuck my 57 on a box near one speaker."
Is that literal?????You stuck the mic in a cardboard box????
If so...Hell, share that with us...LOL
I'm going to listen to the 2nd clip...the first one sounded awesome...
Steve

I really like that rippin strat tone your getting from the bridge pickup . Nice and nasty :inlove: Exellent clips !

Sounds damn good Carl, and your playing is killer of course. I might just have to buy one of these used some day and see how it compares to the Splawn.

Sounds like a real balanced and natural sounding amp, except for mayyybe just a little something on the high end as some people have mentioned. It's used prices are going to be a steal for the versatility you get with it though. It's definitely a fine amp. :thumbsup:

SteveVHT":d4175 said:

First off...Killer playing and tones you got with a 57...
Let me ask....What did you mean by,"I just stuck my 57 on a box near one speaker."
Is that literal?????You stuck the mic in a cardboard box????
If so...Hell, share that with us...LOL
I'm going to listen to the 2nd clip...the first one sounded awesome...
Steve

steve, how does the amp handle modern heavy tones?? Very curious as this could be my answer to heavy prog/death metal tone, blues tone, and classic rock! My death metal tone is basically a heavy thrash tone, with good bottom and plenty of mids! thoughts?

-Joe

There is some smoking playing, you back your tough talk up I will give you that :) You post this on TGP yet?? :D

Sound great and man this amp has a tone of tons in it.

mightyjoeyoungxnj":bbc51 said:

steve, how does the amp handle modern heavy tones?? Very curious as this could be my answer to heavy prog/death metal tone, blues tone, and classic rock! My death metal tone is basically a heavy thrash tone, with good bottom and plenty of mids! thoughts?

-Joe

It excels at super high, tight gain. OD2 will beat down most high gainers out there. You just have to pick speakers carefully. Me and Ralph had 4 completely different sounds with 4 different cabinets without touching the controls at all. You can do scooped sounds, thick meaty tones, etc...
We only scratched the surface of this amp. I can only imagine what else this thing has in it...We didn't even get to mess with the loop since we were blown away by just the stock sound.
Steve

CArl, when you get a chance get one of your vibes going in front!

carlygtr56":99ac6 said:

Yeah, it's at TGP
I'm curious to try recording the othe channels

Don't expect too many good comments over at corksniffer central...
They will be way too busy trying to figure out why the just spent $8000 on a Two Rock and had to get $5000 in pedals to get all those sounds in the JVM... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ooooops...I forgot about the $1000+ on NOS wanker tubes....

Great freakin' clips, man! I listened to that first one twice! I liked the clean tone you got but Savage was right..I have yet to hear 'spanky' cleans from clips or mine. Maybe you can dial it in but so far I have not been able to get it. I like the cleans alot though for what they are and I love using the bridge pups..first time for me on cleans. I really don't care if guys don't like the JVM...I know this amp kicks ass.

Nice, thanks Steve I will check one out for sure. I wonder if the Paramus GC has one!

-Joe

That first clip sounds great, Carl! The JVM sounds like a killer amp. I can't believe that is recorded at bedroom volumes!!

SteveVHT":d7c4f said:

They will be way too busy trying to figure out why the just spent $8000 on a Two Rock and had to get $5000 in pedals to get all those sounds in the JVM... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The funny thing about that is a good majority of those individuals over there are trying to nail tones that their idols achieved with "inferior" gear. :confused:

I go over there to lurk and that's it.

SteveVHT":e79dd said:

And it's normal to get 689 views to the thread and 3 replies. But if it's a 2 Rock or Koch they get all excited over there.

Yeah, first clip sounds real good but there's something about the clean i don't like. Like Bob said it could be the mic placement or something, i really don't care a lot about clean channels anyway.

carlygtr56":1408f said:

LOL, like you're hurting in that dept :lol:
My shit is riddled with mistakes :doh:

I'd pay money to hear your mistakes. Outstanding stuff!

-Mark

Nice playing, but it's not a splawn.

:D Just kidding, it sounds great. I hope you bastards are happy... I was going to buy a guitar or two with some $ I have saved up, now I'm going to probably buy another freaking amp.

Pete

Back