Which eminence speakers for marshall high gain

• Thread starter Thread starter maiden_fan
  • Start date Start date
maiden_fan
maiden_fan
Im running a 6L6's loaded Laney GH50l and im ordering a matamp cab soon to run with it.

At the moment i use a marshall cab and i find it very bassy with the 6L6's (im running my bass on 1)

I was recommended the man-o-wars or the Wizards how are both of these for high gain tones?

other recommendations?

the Governors are the "V30´s" from Eminence,
but "the Wizard" is a Governor with other, better Highs,
i think u will love ist ;-)

i run 2 Governors and 2 the Wizard in my Cabinet and
the "holy" V30 Cabinets are Barbietoys against this huge Soundmonster :thumbsup:

Robi

:|::QBB:
CaptainBob":1f375 said:
the Governors are the "V30´s" from Eminence,
but "the Wizard" is a Governor with other, better Highs,
i think u will love ist ;-)

i run 2 Governors and 2 the Wizard in my Cabinet and
the "holy" V30 Cabinets are Barbietoys against this huge Soundmonster :thumbsup:

Robi

Is the Wizard more like a G12H30?

Splawn uses an X pattern of Manowars and Governors in thier cabs, i'm sure they've tried lots of the deferent Eminence.

i tried a Quickrod with Governors last night and they were pretty good.

don't know for sure but think the Wizard may be a Private Jack cone on the Governor assembly? Which would make it somewhat of a high powered Greenback, as the Private jack is thier Greenback clone.

the Wizard looks good on paper, but have heard it breaks up too quick? i'd still like to try some myself. and you got an endorsement post for them allready.

the legends are pretty cool i guess i have only heard them once and the patriots the red white and blue are cool as well, but if you want the v30 flavor i'd go with the ones everyone has already mentioned

Anyone tried the Cannibis Rex ? How the hell do you spell canabis ? I heard the C Rex is a licensed cone version of the Tone Tubby Alnico/ceramic. There is something unreal tonally about.....canabis....cones IMHO.

In my new Splawn cab I have a Governor and a Mon-O War and so far it sounds really good! Can't wait until the speakers are broke in!

Not sure how this combo would sound with a Marshall (I have a Engl Blackmore), but i know that a Governor is similar to a V30 and a Man-O War is similar to a G12T-75.

:)

Back