RIP Brad Delp.

• Thread starter Thread starter thiswaythatway
  • Start date Start date
:|::QBB:
SgtThump":3c9be said:
I'm totally heartbroken. He was one of my all time favorite rock singers. I can't believe this! WTF? I wonder what caused his death? Damn...

No kidding. I know that people die every day, but for some reason when somebody with a talent like that goes it has more impact even though I didn't know him personally.

RIP Brad...

Definitely one of the best. You will be missed!

carlygtr56":8b096 said:
RIP. I still think the guitar tone on that first Boston album were killer as was his one of a kind voice.
Here's a live Smokin' in Brad's memory-

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=343910&songID=5098314

Awesome, thanks for posting that. I just pulled out a couple Boston CD's to listen to in my car.

Brad was withought a doubt one of my favorite singers ever. This was totally unexpected and he will be missed.

I haphazardly clicked on this thread out of curiosity, at first glance I didn't recognize the name. I love Boston! RIP :cry:

Damn, too bad, thats too young to die.

Their 1st album was groundbreaking.

Ultron":461dd said:
Holy shit! I just heard "We're Ready" on the radio, and thought to myself, "what a great voice Brad has...instantly recognizable"

That sucks. :(

+1...totally original voice. Loved it and their music. Sad day in the music industry. :no: :aww:

carlygtr56":fed4e said:
RIP. I still think the guitar tone on that first Boston album were killer as was his one of a kind voice.

OMG, he sounds sooo good live. I really regret not seeing them live ever. That first Boston album is one of my favorites EVER. Wasn't it one of the biggest selling debut album sof all time?

carlygtr56":b99ca said:

I think this was a tribute band, cuz thats not Brad singing...

RIFF":2e1b2 said:

I think this was a tribute band, cuz thats not Brad singing...

Sounds like Brad Delp to me, and it sounds like the signature Boston guitar tone.

Remember that big tours with a show every other day can wear down a singers voice. It's easy for us guitar players to get up and play everyday but singers! I have no idea how they get through these world tours. Even so, the vocals on this sound really good.

Sounds like Delp to me. Sounds like Scholz's signature guitar tone as well. This is an old recorded show of Boston. I bought this show bootlegged on vinyl back in the mid 80's. I will have to dig it out of my collection. It's been years since I spun that album.

I had a couple of those small tom scholtz rack units. pretty convincing boston sound. ironic cause at the time I was playing a lp deluxe.RIP.

carlygtr56":708a7 said:

He sang all the lead vocals on the album and this tune's vocals sounds just like the album.

First you claim it's a tribute band. That tells me you have no ear, because I remember recording this show off the radio back in '77.
It was put up on the torrent sites as a tribute to the guy.
He sang all the vocals on the album. I assume he sang lead vocals in concert.

Dont get upset sport! :P I claimed it didnt sound like Brad, I could be wrong. it sounds good, but like a cover to me. No big deal either way, Im not a Boston expert! :smoker:

carlygtr56":bd9e4 said:

Of course you're wrong :lol:
:yes: Haha alright, + id have to come up with proof otherwise & im feeling too lazy to mess with it.. ;)

One of the things i that made me think otherwise was what a damn nice recording that was for the 70's! :eek:

carlygtr56":deb8a said:

It's from a King Bisquit Flower Hour radio show. :)
Ahh yes.. I once recorded a Brad Gillis era Ozzy show off that (too bad its gone). It had all the stuff Speak of the Devil didnt. :thumbsup: Anyhow, i wish id caught that Boston. Good stuff!

Back