JVM Black Nite Deep Purple clip with the tele....

• Thread starter Thread starter Greazygeo
  • Start date Start date
Greazygeo
Greazygeo
Well here's my first attempt at sc pup's. This is an Anderson Hollow T Classic with stock sc's into the JVM's OD/2 green mode for the rhythm and Orange for the wanking solo.....I dunno bout these sc's.....used the bridge pup for everything.....

:|::QBB:
Greazygeo":ce3a4 said:
Well here's my first attempt at sc pup's. This is an Anderson Hollow T Classic with stock sc's into the JVM's OD/2 green mode for the rhythm and Orange for the wanking solo.....I dunno bout these sc's.....used the bridge pup for everything.....

Thanks for the clip! Great playing too! You must have put quite a bit of time into making this clip... :thumbsup:

Now for the JVM: did you record this at bedroom level or louder? The solo sounds great, but the crunchy rhythm parts are a bit thin - not really convincing (the sound, not your playing). Maybe the crunchy bits just need more mids (like 600 Hz) - not sure.

Anyway, keep those clips coming! :yes:

erpece":9f85d said:

Thanks for the clip! Great playing too! You must have put quite a bit of time into making this clip... :thumbsup:

Now for the JVM: did you record this at bedroom level or louder? The solo sounds great, but the crunchy rhythm parts are a bit thin - not really convincing (the sound, not your playing). Maybe the crunchy bits just need more mids (like 600 Hz) - not sure.

Anyway, keep those clips coming! :yes:
Not too loud....channel at noon and master about 10.00. The single coils are pretty bright / thin overall....still goofing with them, but I think they will get changed to something noisless at least.

I didn't really spend much time on the takes or mix....someone did a great job on teh backing track though!

carlygtr56":cbe65 said:
George! you beat me too this tune!!
I had the backing in the Boss.

Sounds great.
How are you getting that rhythm guitar in stereo? Are you tracking it twice?
Yep, playing it twice....using two mics on two different tracks each time.

Any tips on making the sc's sound better? They sound abit "clanky" to me.

George

More killer tones and playing. Jeepers! You guys rip! Now we need some metal tunes for all the youngsters. :lol:

I don't know George that sounds pretty damn good for the song that your playing.

Nice job.....(great tone) sounds like a ....er...tele. That JVM amp is the swiss army knife of rock !! Gas pains increasing....don't know how much more I can take :doh: :bash: :zoom: ......off to Long & McQuade...

simbasa":c0d5c said:
More killer tones and playing. Jeepers! You guys rip! Now we need some metal tunes for all the youngsters. :lol:
thanks, I was going to tune the tele down to B and rip out some Carcass.....I was too lazy though :lol:

carlygtr56":8d84f said:

I love that doubletrack sound :thumbsup:
I don't have the patience nor the ability to do that :D

Yep, get the Gains in the lead channels to 2:00

I been keeping the Resonance at noon.
Presence 10;00 or noon
You can probably copy and paste the tracks on your recorder. I've done that in Cubase before, its not quite the same but it will fatten it up. I like double tracking cause I always screw up somewhere and usually the other track will hide it..... :thumbsup:

I had the gain only at noon along with the same for the pres and resonance. I had the gain a bit higher but the noise from the sc and pc monitor was REALLY LOUD!!!

TOStudent":44a96 said:
I don't know George that sounds pretty damn good for the song that your playing.
Yeah I was kinda going for something that would cut thru the organ parts without burying them and not sound too aggressive. This tele is alot to get used to, the narrow string spacing is weird. Its great for the 70's / roots rock type stuff.

Have you been able to try one yet?

PoPSkuLL":5dfc0 said:
Nice job.....(great tone) sounds like a ....er...tele. That JVM amp is the swiss army knife of rock !! Gas pains increasing....don't know how much more I can take :doh: :bash: :zoom: ......off to Long & McQuade...
Its a really cool amp! When you really dive into it, there are alot of tones there.

Greazygeo":4fd5f said:
:|::QBB:Yeah I was kinda going for something that would cut thru the organ parts without burying them and not sound too aggressive. This tele is alot to get used to, the narrow string spacing is weird. Its great for the 70's / roots rock type stuff.

Have you been able to try one yet?

I can not find any JVM anywhere in CA. GC I talked to last week for the 3rd time already said they finally show that they have the purchase order for them in their system. Sam Ash said the only show 2 in their system in the N.J. store.

TOStudent":9bd22 said:

I can not find any JVM anywhere in CA. GC I talked to last week for the 3rd time already said they finally show that they have the purchase order for them in their system. Sam Ash said the only show 2 in their system in the N.J. store.
Thats weird...I've had no trouble getting any each time my order was placed. Lucky for once!

Back