RIP Brad Delp.

• Thread starter Thread starter thiswaythatway
  • Start date Start date
I saw Boston at Madison Square Garden in I d have to say 1976 they kicked ass. And That is definitely Brad and boston on that cut.
Remember those cool Rockman things .

RIP Brad.

:|::QBB:
RIFF":e4a44 said:

Dont get upset sport! :P I claimed it didnt sound like Brad, I could be wrong. it sounds good, but like a cover to me. No big deal either way, Im not a Boston expert! :smoker:

Note to self: Don't consult RIFF on anything involving timbre.

carlygtr56":a9239 said:
RIP. I still think the guitar tone on that first Boston album were killer as was his one of a kind voice.
Here's a live Smokin' in Brad's memory-

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=343910&songID=5098314
:eek: MORE!!! :thumbsup:

Bob Savage":07760 said:

Note to self: Don't consult RIFF on anything involving timbre.
Like that little christmas tree daddy chopped down? See, I know timbER..

No something struck doubt in my mind because of the great quality of the recording (sounds more modern), the amount of improvising being done (the clips id seen they didnt do that much), & yeah, brads voice sounded really close, but some edge in his voice & how he sang some parts made me think it was just a great cover band using rockman equipment. No biggy. ;)

BTW Carlygtr, I was gonna ask if they made u take it down, but I see theres more up! cool. ;)

The links don't work anymore.
Boston as one of my favorite band. I saw them in 1979 during their "Don't look back tour"
Excellent show.

philb":382a5 said:
The links don't work anymore.
Boston as one of my favorite band. I saw them in 1979 during their "Don't look back tour"
Excellent show.
try Carlygtr's Soundclick page.

carlygtr56":fa2ac said:

I took them down. I cant leave bootleg shit on soundclick...plus the vocals weren't his greatest.
I'm downloading another '77 show at the moment. :)

That wasn't him. It was a cover band or something.

Steve

Gonna hitch a ride head for the other side, leave it all behind, never change my mind.
Gonna sail away, sun lights another day, freedom on my mind, carry me away for the last time...

Back