Played a JVM today.....

• Thread starter Thread starter AmpliFIRE
  • Start date Start date
AmpliFIRE
AmpliFIRE
So the hype (along with Carl and george's killer clips) finally got the best of me and I had to find a JVM to check out. I didn't have to go too far, since Robbie's music had one in stock. It's a small store and I only got to play it a low/medium low volumes and 12 inches from the v30 loaded Marshall cab it was hooked up to. Needless to say, the amp impressed the shit out of me!!! I was playing with an SG, and it sounded great on all modes. The lead tone jumped out of the speakers and was real smooth. The rhythm tone was was and focused on OD1 and OD2. This amp can do any type of metal, classic rock and blues with friggin ease. The tones I was dialing in weren't just OK...they were stellar. I had no problem dialing in Megadeth, Rush and Zep tones. The funny thing is that I left all of the tone controls at noon and was only tweaking the volume, gain and resonence controls. The cleans were stellar as well (easily the best Marshall cleans Ive ever heard).

The JVM gets 2 thumbs up from AmpliFIRE!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's too bad I didn't hold out to get a Marshall. I still have my TSL601 but it seems like this is the Marshall to get!

It should come to no surprise that I absolutely love the JVM. it is without a doubt my favorite marshall that has come out in many years. You guys know that I can be a gain freak/hound but I am comfortable on staying on the od1 channel in amber/orange mode with the gain at 11oclock for leads. There are many great tones in this amp and screwing around with different speakers has told me all I need to know about this amp. I will own one when the cards are cleaned. After selling the IIC+ , The Engl will be next on the chopping block along with some other stuff I have. Should give me some breathing room financially!!

:rawk:

:|::QBB:
donbarzini":1c53b said:
I still really like OD-1 orange, gain about 9:00 and a boost with a Tubescreamer :thumbsup:

I would be willing to bet that sound kills!!

donbarzini":34b6a said:
I still really like OD-1 orange, gain about 9:00 and a boost with a Tubescreamer :thumbsup:

Ohhh....
That's the chainsaw dude from Scarface in your avatar ...Isn't it??
Steve

SteveVHT":d74da said:
Hey...
You changed your avatar in 1/2 a second
WTF?????

You were correct and he changed it to Ken Wahl in the wanderers!! :D

check your pm!!

When I get to use some real volume I love all the channels. The crunch with or without the Keeley SD-1 and both OD channels in either orange or red. But for home/bedroom wanking I gotta give two thumbs up to OD2 red or Crunch Red with the Keeley. Bottom line is this amp rocks! Whats even cooler is that the more time you spend on it the more very usable tones you find in it. Some amp companies claim their amps are versitile. This usually means 2 maybe 3 good, usable tones. The JVM is beyond the norm in terms of versitility, tone and practicality. Even a bedroom wanker like myself can use it without loud volumes and be happy with the tone and feel.

yngzaklynch":9c622 said:
When I get to use some real volume I love all the channels. The crunch with or without the Keeley SD-1 and both OD channels in either orange or red. But for home/bedroom wanking I gotta give two thumbs up to OD2 red or Crunch Red with the Keeley. Bottom line is this amp is this amp rocks. Whats even cooler is that the more time you spend on it the more very usable tones you find in it. Some amp companies claim their amps are versitile. This usually means 2 maybe 3 good, usable tones. The JVM is beyond the norm in terms of versitility, tone and practicality. Even a bedroom wanker like myself can use it without loud volumes and be happy with the tone and feel.

OD2 Red with a Boost......

Oh shit Ralph....Move over...we have your "gainfreak" replacement.....LOL

Man I am not sure Kage would boost OD2 and that is a guy that boosts his freaking tv when Schon is playing on it :eek:

AmpliFIRE":d574e said:
So the hype (along with Carl and george's killer clips) finally got the best of me and I had to find a JVM to check out. I didn't have to go too far, since Robbie's music had one in stock. It's a small store and I only got to play it a low/medium low volumes and 12 inches from the v30 loaded Marshall cab it was hooked up to. Needless to say, the amp impressed the shit out of me!!! I was playing with an SG, and it sounded great on all modes. The lead tone jumped out of the speakers and was real smooth. The rhythm tone was was and focused on OD1 and OD2. This amp can do any type of metal, classic rock and blues with friggin ease. The tones I was dialing in weren't just OK...they were stellar. I had no problem dialing in Megadeth, Rush and Zep tones. The funny thing is that I left all of the tone controls at noon and was only tweaking the volume, gain and resonence controls. The cleans were stellar as well (easily the best Marshall cleans Ive ever heard).

The JVM gets 2 thumbs up from AmpliFIRE!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thats pretty much all I've been doing....leaving the tones at noon and blasting away. I like amps that can be set up really easy. :)

Steve you misunderstood. I'll use the Keeley with the crunch channel or OD2 by itself. The Keeley with either OD channel isn't really how I like the amp set up. They're great on their own.

Digital Jams":d9f9d said:
Man I am not sure Kage would boost OD2 and that is a guy that boosts his freaking tv when Schon is playing on it :eek:

Are you sure man? I mean, your crew puts everything in its path on 11 then adds a BOOST in front of it so that it will rawk.

:confused: :doh: :lol:

Bwahahahahahahhhahahahhahaahah

Steve E

My jvm should be here today..but I have no fucking cabinet :doh:
That should be here tomorrow .

Gainfreak":d249c said:
It should come to no surprise that I absolutely love the JVM. it is without a doubt my favorite marshall that has come out in many years. You guys know that I can be a gain freak/hound but I am comfortable on staying on the od1 channel in amber/orange mode with the gain at 11oclock for leads. There are many great tones in this amp and screwing around with different speakers has told me all I need to know about this amp. I will own one when the cards are cleaned. After selling the IIC+ , The Engl will be next on the chopping block along with some other stuff I have. Should give me some breathing room financially!!

:rawk:

Aloha Ralphie,

Do me a favor if you can. Post a clip for me of that thing doing it's best VH impression. Don't care about the song as much as the tone.

* velcro-fly *":5c28a said:

Are you sure man? I mean, your crew puts everything in its path on 11 then adds a BOOST in front of it so that it will rawk.

:confused: :doh: :lol:

Bwahahahahahahhhahahahhahaahah

Steve E

When I picked the HD-147 from Kage the lead preset had so much gain that I could not even play it.......guitar volume on zero still hearing clean tones type of gain :eek:

Gilbert yelling in the pups gain :lol: :lol:

Zachman":9646a said:

Aloha Ralphie,

Do me a favor if you can. Post a clip for me of that thing doing it's best VH impression. Don't care about the song as much as the tone.

You have a better chance of scoring beachside property where you are bro bro for $10,000 :lol: :lol:

Back