More TV...

:|::QBB:
tak":eefad said:
Purchasing at Costco is highly recommended if possible. They don't sell the extended warranties so they'll take a return on a TV for quite a while. I've heard this is lifetime but I don't know for sure. A friend returned a Philip's that that was about 5 years old for full credit and a Plasma that had issues after about a year and a half for full credit. They can't usually replace the TV, so they'll give you full credit. If you purchased something like a Plasma/LCD you can possibly end up with a much nicer TV as the credit may be at a much higher value the way prices are dropping - of course there's always something new. Haven't had anything go wrong yet with mine.
:thumbsup: Keep the box and the receipt.

I bought mine there...knowing if I ended up thinking it was too small or something I could easily return it for a refund.

I've known guys to bring back really old stuff and get a full refund...but they have a time restriction on some stuff, like computer parts.

Costco recently changed its return policy for TV's because too many people were abusing the system. I think it's 90 days now.

Bob Savage":508db said:

I don't recall seeing a Samsung there, but maybe I need to go take another look because I didn't see the quality of the Samsung until I looked at Fry's.
I saw the Samsung and the Sharp...my 2 favorites there.
Funny that they were not the overpriced ones either.

Randy Van Sykes":4c5a0 said:
:|::QBB:I saw the Samsung and the Sharp...my 2 favorites there.
Funny that they were not the overpriced ones either.

I just checked online and they have the 42" 1080p Sharp for $1799. Hmmm... You're not helping me to not spend money.

Bob Savage":be660 said:
Costco recently changed its return policy for TV's because too many people were abusing the system. I think it's 90 days now.

Ah, didn't realize they changed it. That sucks, but I guess with all of the Plasma burn in and similar issues it was bound to happen. The Best Buy's and Circuit City's will sock it to you for the extended warranties.

Bob Savage":22473 said:

I just checked online and they have the 42" 1080p Sharp for $1799. Hmmm... You're not helping me to not spend money.
You make your own choices...do want want to enjoy DVD's and TV alot more or buy a stupid sub woofer? :D

LOL

Bob Savage":f8a62 said:

It's not, but it's about $800 less than I can get the 46" Samsung for, so maybe I could get both.
I would take either the Sharp or the Sumsung...one didn't have a better picture...good deal too!

I have my computer hooked up to mine...Rig Talk is huge. :D

Randy Van Sykes":7a7bf said:
:|::QBB:I would take either the Sharp or the Sumsung...one didn't have a better picture...good deal too!

I have my computer hooked up to mine...Rig Talk is huge. :D

Yep, I looked at a lot of displays and I was left wondering if Sharp isn't buying their displays from Samsung, assuming what I've heard is correct and that Samsung manufactures their own LCD's.

I want two 40" LCD's for my studio. Then I would be bigtime. Heck, the display would be so sweet I wouldn't need a sub woofer, or even monitors for that matter. I'd just sit and stare...

Bob Savage":3c1ea said:

The farthest couch is probably only 10' from the screen. Maybe going with the 40" would solve part of my problem (cost). Still, it's going to be a lot of coin to do the all-around upgrade, dang it.

42" would be the right size for your room.

Steve

Bob Savage":2b608 said:

Yep, I looked at a lot of displays and I was left wondering if Sharp isn't buying their displays from Samsung, assuming what I've heard is correct and that Samsung manufactures their own LCD's.

I want two 40" LCD's for my studio. Then I would be bigtime. Heck, the display would be so sweet I wouldn't need a sub woofer, or even monitors for that matter. I'd just sit and stare...
They did both stand out at Costco as my favorites...both look great.
Your avatar looks so good on my Samsung. :D

Bob Savage":5a43a said:

Thanks dude, I'm glad you chimed in since you've watched TV in that room.

Trust me, if you do this you'll be happy you didn't go larger...

Steve

Back