Old Charvel/Jackson fans check in

I've played Jacksons since the mid 80s... grab your ass, Fender is about to fuck a lot of you. Instead of lube, they are going to coat their dicks with some sort of sandpaper, I'd estimate around a 50 grit.

Pete

:|::QBB:
stratotone":31319 said:
I've played Jacksons since the mid 80s... grab your ass, Fender is about to fuck a lot of you. Instead of lube, they are going to coat their dicks with some sort of sandpaper, I'd estimate around a 50 grit.

Pete

Ewww :D

stratotone":01800 said:

Pete

What is up with the 21 fret necks..........yeah thats right Fender is cashing in on a niche market that is willing to pay big bucks. WTF 21 frets?!?!?!?!?

Sorry Jim but I would not buy one of those guitars if they were the last superstrats left on the market. I would go GMW, San Dimas, or Anderson before those.

Digital Jams":ce6a6 said:

What is up with the 21 fret necks..........yeah thats right Fender is cashing in on a niche market that is willing to pay big bucks. WTF 21 frets?!?!?!?!?

Sorry Jim but I would not buy one of those guitars if they were the last superstrats left on the market. I would go GMW, San Dimas, or Anderson before those.

+1!!

The new Charvel stuff is way over priced in my opinion.

Digital Jams":fedcd said:

21 frets is pretty accurate for the early Charvels... here are a few pics from the JCF gallery.

1128.jpg

1148.jpg

1022.jpg

ppbulle.jpg

A friend of mine here in Tulsa owns the B/W bullseye... it's a KILLER guitar. I think he got it for something like $400 off Ebay three years ago. I nearly shit myself. He's been offered $5k for it and won't sell.

Pete

Yeah I knew the old ones were 21 frets :) What I was getting at was that I am willing to bet they are pulling Fender stock for those necks just like I think they did for the PC-1 when they added the strat head.

God do I hate freaking Fender :doh:

Ah, gotcha. Like they just grab a handful of Fender necks that haven't been logo'd yet? I wouldn't put it past them either.

Like you said, I'd go GMW or San Dimas Guitars before I'd get a new Charvel. Only thing the new Charvels have going for them imho is really low used prices... I've seen pointies going for $800 or so on Ebay.

Pete

Digital Jams":daa19 said:

Why the apology? It's not like we're talking about vintage BC Richs :gethim: :D

Digital Jams":a86b0 said:
Yeah I knew the old ones were 21 frets :) What I was getting at was that I am willing to bet they are pulling Fender stock for those necks just like I think they did for the PC-1 when they added the strat head.

God do I hate freaking Fender :doh:

I don't think they did on the PC-1. I've got a PC-1 with a Strat head and the neck is thicker than any Strat I've ever played.

evhfan":77b9b said:
those are going to be about $10,000

Actually list is around 7 grand. Still fucking ridiculous. I can buy a mint condition original one for that much. Why would I pay that much for a reissue? Somebody is smoking large pieces of crack rock in the pricing department at Fender...

Steve

stratotone":fdc2d said:
Only thing the new Charvels have going for them imho is really low used prices... I've seen pointies going for $800 or so on Ebay.

Dude - alot of those $800 deals aren't even used. They are dealers trying to get rid of the pieces of shit...

Steve

I've only played one of the new Charvels... but I thought it was a damn nice axe.

Not $1600 nice... but nice nonetheless.

I've got an old prepro Charvel kit...I love it but its fallen into deep disrepair.

Digital Jams":1fe62 said:

At least my strap locks dont rip out of my basswood Ivebeenhads :P :o :lol:

Dude, you are Mr Mojo so you know where I am coming from bashing this reissue crap :o

Im just joshin' ya brother! But if you wanna tangle, meet me out back in 5. :gethim:

Megadeth7684":b6de5 said:
Every one of the guitars on that page looks ugly as hell to me.

Yeah, just stick to your sponges :thumbsdown:

:P ;) :D

I think this is just bull. I've played a couple of the new Charvels and they're nothing compared to any of the originals I've had my hands on. Nice guitars? No doubt. Not near as nice as they're priced though. :doh:

Back