Diezel VH4 or Marshall JVM????

zzzsleepzzz

Ok I've had my heart set on a Diezel VH4 for a while, just bought a Diezel cabinet today, getting ready to get the head. However, I keep reading all these amazing reviews for the new Marshall JVM and now I'm wondering if I should check this amp out.

What is a MAJOR attraction to the Diezel for me is 4 Channels with 4 seperate effects loops, but the marshall seems to have this too, along with all kinds of great tone. Since there is almost a $3,000 price difference between the two it makes me wonder a bit...

Any opinions?

Just some technical info :

The VH4 has two loops, a serial and a parallel and they can be midi-switched on and off.
Those four loops you are speaking of are "channel inserts" for pedals like compressor or a tuner - not "real" loops.

No idea which you'd prefer, I would let my ears decide. The Marshall is a Marshall and sounds like a Marshall (or several with all its modes), the Diezel sounds like a Diezel.

If you are prepared to drop the money on the diezel then go for that.

I've not played both amps but i'd imagine the diezel is in a completely different league than the marshall.

:|::QBB:
zzzsleepzzz":be6c8 said:
Ok I've had my heart set on a Diezel VH4 for a while, just bought a Diezel cabinet today, getting ready to get the head. However, I keep reading all these amazing reviews for the new Marshall JVM and now I'm wondering if I should check this amp out.

What is a MAJOR attraction to the Diezel for me is 4 Channels with 4 seperate effects loops, but the marshall seems to have this too, along with all kinds of great tone. Since there is almost a $3,000 price difference between the two it makes me wonder a bit...

Any opinions?
I would check out the JVM first as it's plenty versatile and alot less $$$. I have an Einstein and JVM and Diezels are just voiced so differently even though the Einstein is based off of a Marshall. As far as I am concerned, NOTHING will beat Diezel at doing huge, crushing, clear and LOUD tones. On the other hand, nothing sounds like a Marshall like a Marshall does. Both are killer amps. Unfortunately, Diezels also come with a killer pricetag.

:|::QBB:
duesentrieb":10501 said:
Einstein isn't based off a Marshall - one of the reasons it sounds so Diezel, you know ;)
The cleans are certainly better than any Marshall but the crunch and lead sounds like old school Marshall but with that thick Diezel tone and extra gain. Just like Mesa Stilettos working off of the British tone. The Einstein and Stilettos have the same design. Clean- Crunch- tite gain[mega]- lead. And they sound very similar 'British style' EL-34 tone.

Back