SPAM FS: Rare Fender CS Strat-Set Neck

SteveVHT

I am selling this dead mint Fender Custom Shop Set Neck Strat.
It has:
Mahogany Body
Full Maple AAAAA Flame cap
Ebony Fingerboard(neck is painted maple)
Floyd Rose-Non Locking Tremolo
Sperzel Locking Tuners
Roller Nut

The guitar sounds and plays like a dream. The neck is fairly thin and has a nice compound radius, nice low action.
It has the Fender Lace pickups in it, but I will also include a brand new Fender pearloid pickguard.
Looking for $1850+shipping(and PP)
Contact me at
Stevevht@aol.com

CS+in+Case.jpg

Cert+Headstock.jpg

Body+CS.jpg

Body+2+CS.jpg

Full+Front+CS.jpg

Full+Back+CS.jpg

Headstock.jpg

Man I'd kill for that. I dont generally like strats, but that thing has some mojo goin' on.

Off topic a bit, but whats with the Roller Nuts? seems like you'd be pretty limited string-guage-wise

:|::QBB:
ZielGuitarist":691f1 said:
Man I'd kill for that. I dont generally like strats, but that thing has some mojo goin' on.

Off topic a bit, but whats with the Roller Nuts? seems like you'd be pretty limited string-guage-wise

No, the roller nut can accommodate any gauge string. The strings actually sit on top of the 2 mini ball bearings in each slot.
It keeps the string centered and there is no way for the string to be caught up in the nut and go out of tune like a regular nut. So if you go to a higher string gauge, there is no need to cut the nut slots.
Steve

stanbog":ed681 said:
wow killer guitar! i wish...

btw that is a FR? never seen one of these. :confused:

Yep... an original Non Locking FR....
It literally stays in tune just as good as a regular FR. I'd assume that is due to the Wilkenson roller nut and Sperzel tuners... :D
Bridge.jpg

SteveVHT":5f311 said:

Yep... an original Non Locking FR....
It literally stays in tune just as good as a regular FR. I'd assume that is due to the Wilkenson roller nut and Sperzel tuners... :D

your assumption sounds plausible :D

man, "Floyd Rose" and "Fender" written on the same tremolo... that's like... i saw once a Porsche 911 with the original Citroën sign in the back. true story :doh:

stanbog":60e3a said:

your assumption sounds plausible :D

man, "Floyd Rose" and "Fender" written on the same tremolo... that's like... i saw once a Porsche 911 with the original Citroën sign in the back. true story :doh:

Yeah, this was about the time when Fender bought out FR...

SteveVHT":2aab8 said:

No, the roller nut can accommodate any gauge string. The strings actually sit on top of the 2 mini ball bearings in each slot.
It keeps the string centered and there is no way for the string to be caught up in the nut and go out of tune like a regular nut. So if you go to a higher string gauge, there is no need to cut the nut slots.
Steve

Thanks Steve. I for alwats thought that th strings sat in a "cradle of 3 ball bearings, and that they were set up for a ceraint guage. This really opens my mind to them. Thanks again...Wish I could take that off your hands!

Duolos":db9a4 said:
Nice piece Steve. Are the CAE amps still for sale? I want one.

I'm selling the OD50 right now. The 100 is going back to John for some surgery. He's doing some crazy mods to mine, and it will come back as an OD100SE++ with Whomp switch and new OT....
Steve

i remember when I wouldnt think twice about dropping that kind of change on a guitar. that is my dream strat. if you still have that in a few months, I'll be callin.

guitarslingerans":9dc0b said:
Are you sure those aren't Schaller locking tuners? Sperzels don't normally look like that.

-Ans-

I agree...And, Fender usually used Schaller locking tuners back when I was into them (mid 90's).

Back