Marshall JVM clip using the "direct out" feature...

Digital Jams

IT has that DI thing working but hell not bad at all plus you are just using the pre side of the amp.

Christ that amp has a ton of gain :lol:

:|::QBB:
SgtThump":2b774 said:
Thought I'd try recording with the "direct out" on the JVM for the heck of it. I didn't spend too much time tweaking, but it sounds much better than you'd expect for a direct out!!!

I'm playing my LP Custom with Duncan '59 in the bridge and stock T-Top Gibby pickup in the neck. Just put Tung-Sol 12AX7 preamp tubes in the amp.

Clip starts out with the Crunch/Orange mode, then halfway through goes to the OD1/Orange mode.

http://www.chrissnider.net/temp/marshall_jvm_directout.mp3

Chris

Sounds pretty decent for a direct out. Did you run any cab or speaker sims? What was the recording setup?

SgtThump":f7887 said:

Yep, it's the amps reverb! I thought the tone was acceptable, which is not what I expected. lol... I don't think that's bad at all really. Heck, I may even try going into the board direct sometime at a gig.
I think it would sound ok thru a pa....alot better than a pod!

Sounding incredibly versatile and has a ton of features. Probably the only direct out clip from an amp alone that I've actually liked.

carlygtr56":0f45f said:
Recordeing direct, you can leave the amp in standby?
i gotta try it

Yup, stand-by without having the power section going so you dont even need a load. Send it to your boss and soak from there....don't need no sticking POD to jamm late nights :)

I've preordered one :D

(those are just available after Frankfurt Music Fair end of this month - I'll get a a demo model by krauts distributor - pretty cheap :D )

Back