Saigon Kick appreciation thread

SFW

Jason Bieler was the shit! He had some huge aggressive tone and his chops were top notch. I was jamming The Lizzard this morning on my way to work. I think I need another Rivera. Peppermint Tribe is just crushing! Anyway... discuss.

I saw them live in the early 90's, awesome show. They sounded very close to their album, my friend swore up and down that they were sampling their backups but i wasn't so sure.

The thing is we saw Lynch Mob that same year and the amount of sampled backups that night was just off the charts. At one point the dumb bass player was doing a pose and he forgot to lip sync and he was badly exposed. :thumbsdown:

Saigon Kick rules. I love their first 2 albums. Water was okay too. I have never heard the Devil album you guys are talking about???? Now i need to.

My favorite songs are Hostile Youth, My Life, For the Love of God.

the self titled album was just amazing, period. the Lizard added a layer of unpredictability...it seemed they could do ANYTHING. then Water, which was just off-the-wall but great, and Devil in the Details was just an album full of kick ass music. Bieler was and is awesome.

i love SK...i love all the songs. i remember one on the self-titled album had a kazoo solo! what was the name of that one? it escapes me at the moment :(

:|::QBB:
soc_monki":e98aa said:
the self titled album was just amazing, period. the Lizard added a layer of unpredictability...it seemed they could do ANYTHING. then Water, which was just off-the-wall but great, and Devil in the Details was just an album full of kick ass music. Bieler was and is awesome.

i love SK...i love all the songs. i remember one on the self-titled album had a kazoo solo! what was the name of that one? it escapes me at the moment :(

It was "My Life." Like I said...one of my favs.....the chorus went "Even if you walk across the sky, I'll be with you tonight. Even if you told a thousand lies, i'd still believe you. All alone along the Sea I dream of you.....etc." Kick ass harmonies on that chorus!!!

hey crwned, check it out. it's got a bizarre bosch-esque/ goya- esque cover and some crazy songs.
i think you can sample it on lastfm and amazon. see if you dig it.
i feel like it was their attempt at a queensryche promised land type of album.

I actually really like Water. One Step Closer is prpbably my favorite SK tune. Personally, I always felt that Jason had a better voice than Matt Kramer... but that's just my opinion... YMMV.

SFW":9081d said:
I actually really like Water. One Step Closer is prpbably my favorite SK tune. Personally, I always felt that Jason had a better voice than Matt Kramer... but that's just my opinion... YMMV.

One Step Closer, Torture, My Heart, Sentimental Girl...all GREAT songs. the tones on Water were just amazing IMO!

and i liked Jason's voice better than Matt's as well :)

crwnedblasphemy":97358 said:

It was "My Life." Like I said...one of my favs.....the chorus went "Even if you walk across the sky, I'll be with you tonight. Even if you told a thousand lies, i'd still believe you. All alone along the Sea I dream of you.....etc." Kick ass harmonies on that chorus!!!

yea, i remember the lyrics and everything, i just have a bad memory for names, and song names are included! LOL

i had the greatest hits album (Greatest Mrs.) at one time...got it from an ex-girlfriend and i played the hell out of it, mostly for the stuff i didnt have that was included (like the live version of "Hey Hey Hey").

one little tidbit of info...i had a website at one time where i posted tabs that i made of songs i liked...had some SK stuff on there, one sone being "Love is on the Way" and i actually had tabbed out a chord incorrectly. Chris McLernon actually emailed me and informed me of the correct way to play it, and we had a few emails back and forth. it was a trip to say the least! :)

deluxemeat":318e6 said:
hey crwned, check it out. it's got a bizarre bosch-esque/ goya- esque cover and some crazy songs.
i think you can sample it on lastfm and amazon. see if you dig it.
i feel like it was their attempt at a queensryche promised land type of album.

Didn't find any preview clips. I will keep an eye out for it though. Thanks big man.

crwnedblasphemy":30c98 said:

Didn't find any preview clips. I will keep an eye out for it though. Thanks big man.

if i were you id just order a copy of Devil in the Details...its a great album, and it makes me sad they broke up :(

speaking of which, i need to order myself another copy. mine got lost (well destroyed in a wreck LOL) and i need it and the self-titled album again LOL

Back