not your average looking PEAVEY PENTA ( FJA mods)

BURNTHISCORPSE

i am waiting for the word from Jerry to go up in a few days and pick up my penta. i am having him re-tolex and re-voice( i guess would be the term) the whole thing. he modded it to begin with, half power switch(power soak) standard Penta mod, bias, JJ power tubes, EH, chinese, and tungsol pre tubes and i think there could be one other mod i forgot.
the guy before me had those all done to it.
i told jerry, its one channel, screw all the "modes" i want one bone crushing channel. i cant wait to see what he has done. we talked transformers, maybe 6l6's , lots of different stuff. but i left it up to Jerry. i told him what sound comparisons i wanted and he went to town. its not quite done yet but the tolex is. and the killer blue LED i had jerry put in. i was so floored by the tolex pix jerry took i had to share. sound revue will come as soon as i get it back in my clutches.

penta2_800.jpg

that thing looks awsome. its a cool concept, looks like a classy amp, and then breathes fire! let us know how it sounds.

i will have someone record clips for me . i dont have the means to do it.
the green tolex was just giving me a turtle head. it was a nice green and all but it was just wrong for me.

That looks pretty cool! I think it would look classier with a larger grille style(grill with larger holes instead of the tighter style you have now). Maybe something to do in the future :dunno:

Either way, looks great man! :thumbsup:

That looks really cool man!! I've got an amp up at Jerry's place too. He's doing his thing to my 6505 and I'm hoping it'll be back in my clutches in the next 2 weeks or so. Can't fucking wait!!

:|::QBB:
lamppost":1840a said:
That looks pretty cool! I think it would look classier with a larger grille style(grill with larger holes instead of the tighter style you have now). Maybe something to do in the future :dunno:

Either way, looks great man! :thumbsup:

the grille was a freebie from a good friend. but the piece of steel(surgical grade 16ga polished stainless), which was one he happened upon at work, not one he or i purchased.....combined with the fabrication, values it at around $300. and being a freebie i will leave it as is. and seeing pix isn't like seeing it in person. ;)

i can't wait to see that blue LED!!! about the only thing about this head that sux and pisses me off is, there isnt enough room for chicken heads :thumbsdown: .

man that is sexy, so your selling it for $800 right :lol: :lol: Just kidding
I am sure it will sound just as good as it looks. Enjoy it

BURNTHISCORPSE":c7ece said:
i will have someone record clips for me . i dont have the means to do it.
the green tolex was just giving me a turtle head. it was a nice green and all but it was just wrong for me.

HAHAHAHA turtle head! AWESOME :lol:
Jerry

Oblivion DC":58341 said:
That looks really cool man!! I've got an amp up at Jerry's place too. He's doing his thing to my 6505 and I'm hoping it'll be back in my clutches in the next 2 weeks or so. Can't fucking wait!!

This is going to be a VERY cool project! I'm pretty psyched myself.
Did you get your shopping done? :thumbsup:
Jerry

Back