MAXON OD 808 vs. OD-9 vs. OD-9 Pro Plus?

amiller

-------------------

I've got the 808 and I think it's OK but could be better. Does anyone have any experience with the OD-9 and expecially the OD-9 Pro Plus? :confused:

:|::QBB:
donbarzini":222d4 said:
I have the OD-9 Pro+. It is my favorite OD ever. I had the stock OD-9, the stock 808 and an Analogman silver modded OD-9. The OD-9 Pro+ does all of that and more. I really dig the 18v setting and the mid boost switch.

That's what I've been wanting to hear. I have the OD-808 and an OD-9. I've been looking for something better though. I was thinking about the Analogman Silver Mod, the OD-9+, or the HBE Power Screamer with Fat Boost. Have you compared it to the HBE?

I think I am gonna buy an OD9 pro +.

I love the 808 and my HBE Power screamer for different things, but your description of the OD9 pro + sounds interesting.

I can mod an 808 if you're not happy with it. If you're interested PM me with what you'd like to change in it and I'll let you know what I can do.

donbarzini":824b2 said:
I have the OD-9 Pro+. It is my favorite OD ever. I had the stock OD-9, the stock 808 and an Analogman silver modded OD-9. The OD-9 Pro+ does all of that and more. I really dig the 18v setting and the mid boost switch.

I'm curious about the 18v setting. How do you power the pedal when 18v is selected? Do you need two 9v batteries... :confused:

Are you sure you're running it at 18v? It probably has the ability to run it at 18v, but I don't think you're giving it 18v....

If I still had my 5150 I would probably buy one of the OD-9 Pro Plus pedals, but I don't even use a boost with my Blackmore. I still wanna try it though. :aww:

donbarzini":e164a said:
Psssssssssst. Tried the SD-9 both stock and modded, didn't like it :)

I'll highlight the VITAL info in my previous post:

lordriffenstein":e164a said:
Psssssssst!!

Check the Maxon SD9!! Keep the tone low, nearly off. Works stellar as boost or standalone OD/distortion!

:D

Everything above 8:30-9:00 on the tone is totally fizzy and shrill sounding.

Back