Who is using preamps / rack these days?

• Thread starter Thread starter rsm
  • Start date Start date
My live rig is quite modest compared the monsters in this thread. :lol: :LOL:
I've been running a Triaxis 2:90 setup with a GMajor and its done its job quite nicely. I'm thinking I'm up for a change so this thread is quite the tease!

Shark Diver":22yq4b6t said:
Fish, I forgot about those. I should probably have kept this one:

BognerRig.jpg

OMFG, :rock:

Hey now, I like to gloat as much as the next guy! :lol: :LOL: Oh and BTW, I take this to gigs every weekend...no really ;)
photo_zps8f29b50f.jpg

photo1_zps4bb1c503.jpg

photo7_zps7aa448be.jpg

photo6_zpsb04712c4.jpg

photo5_zps7a814988.jpg

photo3JPG_zpsfae8d578.jpg

photo2_zps9ac6d136.jpg

What a wall of JUNK! :lol: :LOL:

No, but seriously: you need to get some rack ears for that cable box! ;)

Awesome gear, man! :thumbsup:

rlord1974":1voyogm8 said:

I hear ya brother. I gotta rack up the cable box and DVD player. I'm thinking Mesa Sus 4.

duesentrieb":3a97w9zm said:
Just finished a new Preamp . . . so yes, I'm still using this stuff with a modded TS100 by Carvin.

shapeimage_2.png

btmtback.jpg

btmtperspektive.jpg

and some wankery thru it . .
Very nice Olaf :yes: :yes:

rlord1974":290bt6kh said:

Here is where I keep my stereo stuff minus the RT2/50 now :lol: :LOL:
IMG_38502_zpscc1037b7.jpg

No pics yet, if I remember I'll take a few at this weekend's gig....

My guitar rig's pretty simple. Just an AKG wireless when I need it (gonna update that to a Line 6 G50 when I can...)

Then I run that to a Line 6 POD XT Pro to a vintage QSC for juice. Then it just goes out to my slanted JCM900 cab. My rack has an extra space in it, so I put an older ART unit in there to fill the space... and because the blinking light looks cool. :)

I plan on selling off the Line 6 and getting a Carvin head and all analog pedals.... My bass rig's gonna be all rack-mounted however.

Once I start working out as a bassist again, I'm gonna put my GK-800RB in a rack w/ a Furman and a tuner along with a drawer to store my cables and pedals in. That'll go out to 2 cabs; my 215 Crate cab, which is an older model from the 90's, made in the US and has 2 JBL's in it. The other cab being my SVT 410. I'm gonna get a taller rack with wheels on the bottom so I can just roll it inside.

threadkiller":1y9p2xi7 said:
I am using a POD mainly but my best amp is a rack rig and I use it when I have some room on stage, usually outdoors. It's very simple. Furman power cond, Mak4, Alesis quadraverb (yes it still works) and Fryette 2502. I also have an ADA mp-1 and use it occassionally through the same power amp.

I like to go against the grain. In the 80's when everyone was running full stacks and massive rack rigs I was using a combo. Now that combo's and tiny lunchbox heads are in vogue, I'm using a rack. I like to call myself a contrarian. :D

Have you ever used your POD with the modeling off

"No Amp" setting and plugged your MP 1 into the POD and used the delays efx and especially the Speaker Cabs and gone into a Power Amp or mixer, can work great for recording.

duesentrieb":1u68yvgx said:
Just finished a new Preamp . . . so yes, I'm still using this stuff with a modded TS100 by Carvin.

shapeimage_2.png

btmtback.jpg

btmtperspektive.jpg

and some wankery thru it . .

Nice stuff indeed. Could you cranck it in a 1HE format? Can it be integrated with the Axe-Fx Ultra (patches and effects), what is the difference with the Andy Anvil Pre-amp? And ofcourse the obligatary question the price?

Greetings und Schoene Grusse

Here's a fun pic...

One of the guys who works at my shop, demoing a good friend/customer's Axe-fx rig. The owner of the Axe rig, had just gotten finished playing through my setup, and telling me, his Axe rig didn't do that. You can see him in the background starring at the rack, contemplating the outcome's HUGE margin. Either way-- racks never went away, they evolved and got better in some cases, in others-- manufacturers are still trying to replicate the old discontinued units-- for a reason.

IMG_0259_zpsabf7db03.jpg

DADA":1g9pticn said:
Nice stuff indeed.
Thanks.

Could you cranck it in a 1HE format?
I don't think that anybody can manage to put three full eqs and full midi into 1RU - if you don't want to make a computer out of it (like the JMP-1 :D ). Those 1 RU preamps (say Engl or Larry's sign. preamp) either don't have three eqs or don't have midi. 1 single RU means that you need to lay down the tubes which causes a loss of 50% space inside. But then there isn't enough room for the midi board and so on . . .

Can it be integrated with the Axe-Fx Ultra (patches and effects), what is the difference with the Andy Anvil Pre-amp?
With 4CM you can add any preamp into the AxeFX esp. if the amp has Midi (like mine).

Andy's Anvil and this just share the fact that both have 3 full eqs and Midi. Soundwise Anvil's clean channel is similar (both come off a Fender design), but the gain channels are completely different. Anvil's lead (4 Gainstages) f.i. drives the tonestack off the plate while I'm using a cathode follower and 5 gainstages here.

And ofcourse the obligatary question the price?

Greetings und Schoene Grusse
Depneds on location and extra features . . . --> PM

Regards :)

Shark Diver":34pgv4sk said:
IntenseJim":34pgv4sk said:

So, I take it you like it :)

I actually have not plugged into the X88r ... been working and skiiing. I may wait for the 2150 to arrive this Wednesday . And in the past 24 hours a few chrome VHT Classic power amps being presented to me too.
What a week of overindulgence and excess. All the while I've been noodling around and having a blast with my Fender Mustang IV head and other gear .
:doh: :loco:

TMI

Back