YJM using Super Sonics?

I think that was pretty much the Fender showcase thing at NAMM. They couldn't have him drag out a bunch of 35 year old Marshalls on the Fender stage could they?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regardless, his tone was SHIT in that vid! :gethim: :gethim:

:|::QBB:
Marshall Freak":ac3d5 said:
I think that was pretty much the Fender showcase thing at NAMM. They couldn't have him drag out a bunch of 35 year old Marshalls on the Fender stage could they?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regardless, his tone was SHIT in that vid! :gethim: :gethim:

Yep

i think his playing was off because the tone was horrible! sounds like my old Peavey Audition Chorus with the treble maxed and a Death Metal distortion going!! ouch!

his RocPro tone was much better :) LOL

soc_monki":eea6b said:
i think his playing was off because the tone was horrible! sounds like my old Peavey Audition Chorus with the treble maxed and a Death Metal distortion going!! ouch!

his RocPro tone was much better :) LOL

I think he uses that amp more than he lets on.

yngzaklynch":707f2 said:
Ok his playing seems a bit off on this one but whats worse is I hate the tone!!! Yngwie you need a JVM man :eek: :D

Yes but tone is in the fingers so he should have been able to make that amp sound just like a Marshall :hys:

Prime example of what I have been saying for years... The gear you use does matter :D

Man everything from the Fender booth sounded like shit......the Charvels were shit.....nothing cool from Jackson..........Fender just sucks.

That said it seemed to me he was not used to the feel of that amp at all. Man he sounded back :aww:

donbarzini":c4c2d said:
This just proves the whole "tone is in the hands theory" is wrong.

+ 1 million

if it were, this would be the hand-talk forum.

edit: oh, and the drive on the SS makes me want to lie in my own pool of vomit. absolute shit.

keep in mind that this is a soundboard recording as well so the mix is completely useless. and yes it was an obvious Fender booth so he ain't gonna have his Marshalls to plug into. This is probably the worst performance I've ever seen from Yngwie, however I do think that no matter how good ur and have the tone on the hands going on, u can't polish a turd!! especially solid state! The rockpro from the concerto concert sounded way better than this and that was a hybrid tube/solid state deal. Just a bad amp of choice and obviously not very inspiring to play through. I remember seeing a clip from the 80's where Yngwie was doing a Crate amp promotion and sounded amazing through this little piece of shit solid state combo amp....go figure.

Wow...
I really was thinking... "Hey It's YJM...
He'll sound awesome thru anything!"

Sounded like crap.

keith

Back