Recto folks: please post your amp info (serial, revision, etc)

4nkam

Anyone think it might be kinda useful (or at least interesting) to see if we can get a list going of rectos and their info? It might help make the history/timeline a bit clearer if we have something to look at and possibly close the gap between where revisions took place and what changes were made.

Serial: R-004156
Model: Tremoverb head
Revision: RR-1E
PT: 561140/EIA606-410
OT: 562105/EIA606-419
Choke: 550381/EI606-412
Loop: parallel
Dates: Bobby P. 6-23-94
Other:

Serial: R-0860
Model: Rackmount Recto
Revision: RF1-F
PT: 561136/EIA606-232
OT: 562100/EIA606-026
Choke: 550381/EI606-234
Loop: Serial
Dates: MB 11/92, WIRING BY KAYDEE 10/23/92
Other: chrome chassis, black diamondplate

:|::QBB:
guitarslingerans":a90e8 said:
I would post all that stuff.........but I don't know where to find it all.

I just know mine is a 92 Dual Recto, BF/CC, R0723.

-Ans-

E1A606-033 (PT I Think)

E1A606-117 (OT I think)

Revision RF1-F

Dates are 9-17-92 and 10-?-92 I don't remember. They're written inside on the chassis and on the board.

Guns064.jpg

Guns062.jpg

Guns061.jpg

Marshall012.jpg

Those fucking caps are HUGE.

Thanks for the info Charlie. :)

The only thing I wish was different is the power cord. I wish it had the removeable one. I guess I could change it out at some point if I decide to keep it for a really long time, but I probably won't cause it will kill some of the value of the amp.

-Ans-

guitarslingerans":8ff5a said:
Those fucking caps are HUGE.

Thanks for the info Charlie. :)

The only thing I wish was different is the power cord. I wish it had the removeable one. I guess I could change it out at some point if I decide to keep it for a really long time, but I probably won't cause it will kill some of the value of the amp.

-Ans-

That is a PITA, but I've gotten used to it. Most of my old Marshalls have the attached cord, and my Bogner and other Mesas do too. My Splawn, Marshall Jubilee, and One of my Older Marshalls are the only ones I've got with detachable cords.

That's cool that it has the simulclass/export transformers.

561110 is the output, 562004 is the power.

It's pretty interesting. #0726 has 561136 PT and 562100 OT.

Well, the early early ones had different transformers for sure but supposedly that was under the 500s. With this being 723 having those, and (see my edit above) #726 having the more common ones as well as my #860 having the more common ones, yeah it's pretty interesting.

4nkam":00482 said:
Well, the early early ones had different transformers for sure but supposedly that was under the 500s. With this being 723 having those, and (see my edit above) #726 having the more common ones as well as my #860 having the more common ones, yeah it's pretty interesting.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: I'm an idiot those are my Mk III's transformers. See the RCA Jack for the reverb. I just looked in my pics and I can't find the pics of Ansley's DRs transformers. I had them both apart the same day and took pics, but those must have gotten deleted. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

4nkam":5670f said:
i would post mine but you already did it..i have s/n ro726 :D ,,, i read somewheres the first 500 had the mk3 transformers,and how george lynch would look for a special marking in the guts to know if it was one of the so called killer rectos,anyhow you should post this in the mesaboogie forum also,,im kinda interested to the time line as well

4nkam":8a795 said:
I actually did post it on the BB but one of the mods deleted it :thumbsdown: oh well...
WOW! thats strange!! whats the point of the b.b. if you cant talk about the amps :bash: ,,i think im going to start a thread there in a few days about the timeline :gethim:

Back