Picked up a '73 LP Custom to go with my '71...

i'm so jealous!!!! I have a buddy that has a solid maple custom with black inlays. very sweet! my stepfather has a solid maple standard as well. they look so cool with the maple boards. dont ever sell them dude!

you suck dude!!!! :gethim: very nice pair you have there :P

that 73' looks exactly like the 73' triple p/u i had. i had the fretless wonder frets too. it was a nice novelty but i prefered my 88'

:|::QBB:
SgtThump":06f24 said:

LOL... My bass stint is over for now. I played with two bands on bass (both around 1 1/2 years), but now I'm back to guitar and getting ready to kick in the gigging bigtime. Here's the gig schedule for this new band to give you an idea of the dates that are booked.

3/30 jimmy t's
4/6 shooters
4/7keysport legion
4/13 jimmy t's
4/14 benefit in glen carbon
4/20 flamingo
4/21 redwood
4/27 southside in nashville
4/28 poplar in centralia
5/4 moochs
5/5 mainstreet
5/11 kennys party
5/12 redwood
5/19 deuce in germantown
5/26 keysport legion
6/1 top shooters
6/2 poplar
6/9 hoosiers
6/15 tinys in columbia
6/16 redwood
6/23 mainstreet
7/7 deanstock
7/14 deuce
7/21 poplar
8/4 redwood
8/18 last call in ashley
9/1 keysport
9/8 mainstreet
9/14 deuce
9/15 redwood
9/22 jailhouse
10/13 redwood
10/27 keysport
11/3 deuce
11/10 redwood
12/8 redwood

Nice list - lots of dates!

Good to get in a working band!

Tomorrow I might have some visitors = just starting to form something - dunno how it will work out...

SgtThump":f6569 said:
lespauls1.jpg

lespauls2.jpg
Very nice :thumbsup:

-Attila

One word to describe those guitars Chris: MOJO. :eek:

I've seen much worse finishes then that sunburst too, plus, it's the playability and tone that count and I bet it has bags of those. Nice score. :thumbsup:

Looking at those two Les Pauls infront of a Marshall makes me want to throw in Thin Lizzy's Live and Dangerous!!!! Rock!!!!!!!!!!!

I seldom get GAS but I have it now. Will Beano cure it? Those Gibsons look real nice sitting there side by side. Good for you. Enjoy.

SgtThump":3e966 said:
What do you guys think? Is that sunburst REALLY ugly or just a little ugly? lol...

To me it's cool. Not What I say is my first chioce. Vintage comes to mind. I don't really see anything uncool about it's looks. Bottom line is does it play and sound nice to you?

SgtThump":0cf0b said:
Here's a cherry sunburst custom with black speed knobs. Do you think this looks better? I do...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1979-GIBSON-Les-Paul-SUNBURST-CUSTOM-guitar-SWEET_W0QQitemZ230107408697QQcategoryZ47072QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Much better, IMO.

I'm not sure if it works but I have heard of using tea to grunge up newer looking things.

I actually like the Cherry sunburst on LP Customs, but I think I'd go with cream pickup rings and pickguard and some gold speed knobs. Ace Frehley style ya know! :D

Back