Schon laying the wood to Slash..........

Most players in Schon's vein use the same mechanically precise vibrato so often that it sounds really tiring, to be honest.

:|::QBB:
Digital Jams":56e44 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99drc1eXJRE

I never liked Slash but man did Schon lay the smack down on mister hang my guitar on the floor :lol: :lol:

mmmm... I've heard all of them play better. I've never seen so many guitar players on the same stage and all of them are off. Still fun to watch as a fan, but as a guitar player kind of a letdown. That being said, none of them had a lot of real time to stretch out, so maybe they felt in a crunch. I will say I liked Neal the best.

I usually like Neil but not here. At least Slash was somewhat in the pocket, Neil was just wanking off as if he wasn't even paying attention to what the band was doing. I actually didn't like much on this video but Brian Setzer is just awesome and totally underrated.

Man, Neil looks just like the bad guy in Roadhouse! :D

danyeo":c1697 said:
I usually like Neil but not here. At least Slash was somewhat in the pocket, Neil was just wanking off as if he wasn't even paying attention to what the band was doing. I actually didn't like much on this video but Brian Setzer is just awesome and totally underrated.

That's pretty much exactly what I thought of the whole thing.

danyeo":378a6 said:

Ha ha ha!! He totally does. That was one of the coolest mullets ever! He looked like a ballet teacher fighting against Swayze. In fact, they both did!

Digital Jams":4f8b4 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99drc1eXJRE

I never liked Slash but man did Schon lay the smack down on mister hang my guitar on the floor :lol: :lol:

I liked them all actually. Setzer sounded nice and jazzy I particularly liked his solo. I'm getting old :P

Schon and Slash were like complete opposites :D

danyeo":705f3 said:

I know you Danny and if you were in some jam I know you are going to bring some heat during your section. Pocket my ass :lol:

Sorry bro but I don't see you doing a BB King 30 sec wide vibrato for your spot :o

carlygtr56":d4e60 said:
I've had this show for years. The next jam tune they do, Crossroads, Neal goes out of key briefly.

Slash is playing like a sloppy drunk. I've heard him play better.
Schon's tone sucks.

Mechanical vibrato? Pretty funny.

Carl, you need to upload that one vid with just Schon playing that other Muddy tune!

It's hilarious to see them on the same stage together. I can spot a grease ball, grease monkey, pirate, hep cat, etc..:D

IMO, Setzer owns them all. He's the most talented one of that group. The guy is a true musical genius.

Back