Schon laying the wood to Slash..........

:|::QBB:
Gainfreak":79041 said:

the'yre goooooood.... Real Goooood!!!

sexualchocolate.jpg

....the greatest love of all.......................

i was excited to hear setzer but he was a lil' off. he's way better than that. slash is way better than that too. for that kind of music those two are better suited.
i dunno who the other dude was but he is obviously a great player. and neil.....well......he IS neil schonn wtf else do you need to say. i agree he was wanking off and it didnt fit. but he is one of the best ever!

STEEL KAGE":f7dcd said:

Then Perhaps you dont listen to enough Schon because he just keeps getting beeter and better. Check out any of his recent solo work and tell me that the guy isnt a phrasing genius. The guy has it all, Phrasin, chops timing and can hang in any situation. Again, Im obviously biased because hes my favorite player of all time but Im also open minded and subjective enough to give credit where its due, regardless of who's playing..

Like I said, I think Setzer is an awesome player, underrated even but in the context of this song,the way that it was done, he just seems out of his element to me.. Now if it was done in a cleaner more traditional style, Setzer would have appealed to me a bit more but make no mistake, Neal would easily have risen to the challenge. The man has all kinds of depth and can hang with a myriad of blues stylings...

I never said I hated the guy..I think he's a really good and solid rock player....hell, he's better than me, that's for sure....lol.....

I really dug the Hardline CD, fwiw

Digital Jams":fd13a said:

San Fran I think...just Schon on stage with his Anderson.

E based blues tune.

Yep thats the one, i wish i could remember the name of the song! but man its fuckin awesome the way Neal just goes crazy and gets into it!! :D

When it comes to playing slow emotional pieces, no one touches Neil....but I'm not a huge fan of his shredding. Even on the Hearin' Aid video, he's wailing away, but it wasn't very musical to me.

All that being said, Neil pwnes us all.

bfb_schon.jpg

didn't neal pioneer the term "bro"?

all of a sudden, i want a fro and a fumachu so long i resemble a siberian yak.

i'll have to be weary of frail asiatic farmers trying to affix plows to my loins. :poorbaby: :worship: :dunno:

I LOVE Schon. That being said, I preferred Slash's bit to the rest of them in that context. IMHO, he had that "gritty down & dirty" type playing/pocket down. Again, IMHO, Setzer's playing was too laid back and reserved. Neil's playing didn't seem to have any direction. Granted, this is just one clip...and it doesn't really showcase what Neil can do...

I was watching the Queen/Paul Rodgers special from 2003 on RAVE...IMHO, Paul Rodger's voice is better in 2003 than it was in 1993.

I thought Schon's solo and Slash's solo were equally lame. Setzer was the only one who actually brought some class to that jam.
:lol:

carlygtr56":58a5c said:
LOL, Bill Haley and the Comets shit.

I hate that whole style. It's useless for anything but playing Elvis.

I'm sure you do some research there are guys who smoke his pompador in that style. James Burton and the like.

I'm sure Setzers bank account would disagree with you about it being useless for anything but Elvis tunes. When swing was huge in the 90's and young people were digging it, Setzer had something to do with it.

And you can always look up whatever style you want and always find someone better, who cares. Setzers style isn't the sort of stuff i sit around and listen to but i sure do respect his skills. But he is the type of player i would love to see in a small little rowdy bar. I hate bigger arenas for certain players or styles.

carlygtr56":2e38f said:

Put it up against Neal's account and get back to me :lol:

When is the Stray Cats reunion? There music was so special :lol:

Why do you have to make everything a pissing contest? I'm sure Brain Setzer won't need a day job anytime soon and he's a household name, does that make you angry?

Back