so I got my 2x12 Gflex last night.....

I am really surpised how well this thing holds up against the 4x12 gflex considering it's 16 ohms and is seeing less power. I thought it projected just find and almost has a little more low end than the 4x12. I am going to put eminence governors in it this weekend to get it to 8 ohms but so far I am really, really happy with this cab. Easily the best tone I have had yet at rehearsal last night and I can't wait for the gig tonight to run both.

IMO Genz Benz brought the ported cab into the market and got that design to be accepted by guitarists, cool design for sure.

Congrats!

:|::QBB:
Digital Jams":e06c2 said:
IMO Genz Benz brought the ported cab into the market and got that design to be accepted by guitarists, cool design for sure.

Congrats!

Thanks Scott, I got it from Gibson5413 on HCAF and he not only gave me a great deal he was a real nice guy and made the transaction smooth as silk. I agree I haven't really seen ported cabs before these.

Digital Jams":d0302 said:

Congrats!
Sounds cool! You're using the JSX, right? If so, as long as a tube amp is matched to its load, it will produce the same amount of power.

Shane - how are the cd sales coming along?
I'm listening to ready for blood on myspace - you guys def. got a better bass sound recorded on the final mix - it all sounds killer man!

bigangryguitar":275b7 said:
I am really surpised how well this thing holds up against the 4x12 gflex considering it's 16 ohms and is seeing less power. I thought it projected just find and almost has a little more low end than the 4x12. I am going to put eminence governors in it this weekend to get it to 8 ohms but so far I am really, really happy with this cab. Easily the best tone I have had yet at rehearsal last night and I can't wait for the gig tonight to run both.

It should sound even better with the Governors in it. I'm not a big fan of the stock Genz Benz speakers. My GFlex sounded 100% better when I changed out the speakers for some Celestions. Like having a blanket lifted off the cab :D

Drkorey":ca7c3 said:
Shane - how are the cd sales coming along?
I'm listening to ready for blood on myspace - you guys def. got a better bass sound recorded on the final mix - it all sounds killer man!

We have sold a few and the weird thing is we have people buying them from places we have never been! You should hear the actual disc it sounds way better than what's on myspace (hint, hint). As far as the speakers I absolutely love the stock gflex speakers but the governors are great too and the two mix together beautifully.

what would be a good 4X12 to compliment the GB 2X12? I wonder what speakers would do a good job? v-30's or greenbacks? any ideas?

JackBootedThug":ce440 said:
what would be a good 4X12 to compliment the GB 2X12? I wonder what speakers would do a good job? v-30's or greenbacks? any ideas?

I know for a fact v30 loaded cabs sound awesome with the Gflex cabs in tandem. I used to run a Legacy 4x12 with my Gflex 4x12 and it sounded massive.

Back