Cerberus Guitar Co. Update & Pics

:|::QBB:
flying_high":6c52d said:
Feel? Sort of like an ESP or Jackson. Thanks for the feedback.

Anyone else have comments about the compound neck?

Late to this thread... I've never heard anyone complain about a compound radius neck but, I have heard complaints about non-compound radius necks. Just don't choose flat to flatter, medium to flat works well for most people.

My question would be why would someone buy this guitar over any other Korean made axe? It has the same style as an LTD or Schecter Diamond Series in terms of shape, see thru finish, figured top, yada, yada, yada...But, in terms of visual aesthetics, looks worse, IMO. You can say it'll be the playability/tone, but really it's probably going to be made in the same facilities as these other brands, right?

I just don't see why anyone into that shape would go with this guitar over a Shecter or LTD. Those designs come off more coherent and probably the same price as the Cerberus.

I'm not slamming the guitar, as it looks to be a proto at this point, right? I guess I just don't see any reason to get this SS styled axe over a more established brand with an established reputation with an established and coherent design.

[rant]And, man, see thru finishes and figured tops are so overdone these days.[/rant]

Not hating, just stating ;)

As I can see through your posts you obiosuly don't like it, and that's cool. I don't need to sell it to you. (I'm not being defensive, read on ;) ). The whole guitar brand is a hobby created among friends that I have spread to rig-talk and various bands through the internet. The guitars are designed based off of feedback and ideas from the community (currently my partners, our friends, local bands, rig-talk, other bands. It is incredible how interest has networked from these sources.)

What does this mean?

A few things:

Cheaper guitars (we aren't looking for a job or to get rich). Enough to cover our costs and be able to expand.

Higher quality guitars (take a big company like schecter and imagine how many guitars they go through, now in contrast we will pump out an extremely small amount. This means that we can afford to appease our players and provide a higher quality instrument which will appeal to only a small niche of the guitar playing community. Think about the attention of detail compared of someone producing 50000 guitars at a time compared to a major signifigantly lower number).

Schecter and ESP each have their own defining qualities in their instruments (inlays, neck, etc). And we will have ours.

shape, see thru finish, figured top
Welcome to the wonderful world of guitars, this particular model of guitars made for people who like these things. Take a look at the features we are offering on this model and find them on a shecter or ltd. (neck through, compound radius, p/u's, woods, community direct input etc and you won't find too many).

Besides Schecter, and ESP, there are so many other guitar brands all offering the same thing. As we expand we will be introducing a lot of cool stuff.

This also means that if you do not want a guitar, I have no desire to set out and personally convince you otherwise. In June we will be releasing a small amount of guitars online, and we are determining how many, because at this point the number we had planned has been exceeded with requests for preorders.

And as always if you have any ideas feel free to share them.

And btw, I apologize if anything is inchorent or misspelled. I am very tired :D I get the feeling I left something out hehe.

flying_high":4417d said:
As I can see through your posts you obiosuly don't like it, and that's cool. I don't need to sell it to you. (I'm not being defensive, read on ;) ). The whole guitar brand is a hobby created among friends that I have spread to rig-talk and various bands through the internet. The guitars are designed based off of feedback and ideas from the community (currently my partners, our friends, local bands, rig-talk, other bands. It is incredible how interest has networked from these sources.)

What does this mean?

A few things:

Cheaper guitars (we aren't looking for a job or to get rich). Enough to cover our costs and be able to expand.

Higher quality guitars (take a big company like schecter and imagine how many guitars they go through, now in contrast we will pump out an extremely small amount. This means that we can afford to appease our players and provide a higher quality instrument which will appeal to only a small niche of the guitar playing community. Think about the attention of detail compared of someone producing 50000 guitars at a time compared to a major signifigantly lower number).

Schecter and ESP each have their own defining qualities in their instruments (inlays, neck, etc). And we will have ours.

Welcome to the wonderful world of guitars, this particular model of guitars made for people who like these things. Take a look at the features we are offering on this model and find them on a shecter or ltd. (neck through, compound radius, p/u's, woods, community direct input etc and you won't find too many).

Besides Schecter, and ESP, there are so many other guitar brands all offering the same thing. As we expand we will be introducing a lot of cool stuff.

This also means that if you do not want a guitar, I have no desire to set out and personally convince you otherwise. In June we will be releasing a small amount of guitars online, and we are determining how many, because at this point the number we had planned has been exceeded with requests for preorders.

And as always if you have any ideas feel free to share them.

And btw, I apologize if anything is inchorent or misspelled. I am very tired :D I get the feeling I left something out hehe.

Thanks for the reply. You are somewhat right, I'm not crazy about the guitar. Problem is, I WANT to like it. I love carved top SS designs. But, what would make me choose this guitar over the other established brands? As a new company, what are the reasons you think someone would choose Cerberus over and LTD, Jackson, or Schecter of the same price point? Woods? They are all Korean made axes...I highly doubt one company gets better woods over another (remember, same pricepoint, right?). Construction? My bet would be the same facotry making Cerberus guitars make other brands...Of course each brand has their own specs, but in reference to build quality, I'd think they were pretty close (remember same price point).

But, Here are the specs:

Body:
Mahogany
Quilted Green Burst Maple Top
String Thru Body

Neck:
Neckthru Design
Maple
Rosewood Fingerboard
White Binding
Abalone Dot Inalys
12"-16" Compound Neck
25.5"
24 Frets

Hardware:
Seymour Duncan JB (B) / 59 (N)
Tune-O-Matic Bridge
2V1T+3Way
Grover Tuners

These specs sound identical to many LTD's, Shecters and any other number of Korean made axes (save compound radius FB's - which may be available on some guitars, and "community input") ...I'm not saying the guitar is crap, because I own LTD's and feel Korean manufacturing can be great...But, as a hobby company, why the necessity to follow what every other established comany has already done? I mean, it's a hobby, so why bandwagon unless moving units is a primary goal (when you allude to it not being a concern)?

I see your point in that people like these types of guitars, but I wonder how much of it is the fact that they have no other alternative...Seems like all the well known and popular companies make similar style axes with see through finishes, veneer tops, JB/59 or EMG loaded axes, set neck/set thru/neck thru, etc. As a hobby company I wonder what would happen if you took the traditional paradigm and infused a newer take on it rather than rehashing the past.

I honestly mean no disrespect, as I think it would be cool to do something like this for fun. Obviously our take on what we would do is different, that's all.

not to go on and on, but, a killer headstock, and cool inlays would make that guitar alot more apealing, and set it apart from some of the other guitars in that range. ie: i love my korean horizon. the inlays, and the headstock, to me, set it apart from other similar guits. the new horizon headstocks are horrible, they ruined what was, to me, a pleasing guitar. that old jackson headstock, sold alot of guitars, i'll bet.

p.s. black hardware, and emg's.cough,cough

i believe this guitar is a 25" scale, which sets it apart from any schecter or LTD i know of...i think the korean prs models are that length, but they're a bit different in other categories as well...i know the ibanez sz series are 25.1" which is pretty damn close as well, but they offer crap stock pickups (can't complain about those otherwise, i used to have 3 of them)

scale length means very little or nothing to some, and it's a big deal to others...i'm one of those guys who kinda insists on a 24.75" unless it's a really good deal, then i'll negotiate

nwright, it's one model out of many we have planned. I understand what you are getting at, but it's a moot point. This particular model stands in features, other models will be coming out that may achieve what you are getting at. This model represents a shape and features that are a favorite among the people running this.

Other than that, different factories and brands DO in fact use different woods and quality levels. I won't get into this, but there is a reason to the price differences in schecters and ltds.

When we begin rapid prototyping (if we ever do, it might not be so rapid, because the process is costly). You'll see a lot of stuff I think you'll like.

I appreciate your input, but you are getting to the point where you are coming off as a troll. If you would like to further this conversation, feel free to PM me. I made this thread to discuss speicific models, not my company's business objectives. And I mean no disrespect when I say this.

mchn13":6555a said:
not to go on and on, but, a killer headstock, and cool inlays would make that guitar alot more apealing, and set it apart from some of the other guitars in that range. ie: i love my korean horizon. the inlays, and the headstock, to me, set it apart from other similar guits. the new horizon headstocks are horrible, they ruined what was, to me, a pleasing guitar. that old jackson headstock, sold alot of guitars, i'll bet.

p.s. black hardware, and emg's.cough,cough

This week, I'll be posting a poll for headstock ideas. We've narrowed it down to a few.

The singlecut may have some interesting inlay work, and I have some ideas for this model as well.

Personally EMGS are my favorite, so they will make an appearence sooner or later.

cobrahead1030":0c12e said:
i believe this guitar is a 25" scale, which sets it apart from any schecter or LTD i know of...i think the korean prs models are that length, but they're a bit different in other categories as well...i know the ibanez sz series are 25.1" which is pretty damn close as well, but they offer crap stock pickups (can't complain about those otherwise, i used to have 3 of them)

scale length means very little or nothing to some, and it's a big deal to others...i'm one of those guys who kinda insists on a 24.75" unless it's a really good deal, then i'll negotiate

This one's actually 25.5", our singlecut will be 25" though.

Ibanez sz are good guitars, I always thought Ibanez should do more with them.

flying_high":28330 said:

This one's actually 25.5", our singlecut will be 25" though.

Ibanez sz are good guitars, I always thought Ibanez should do more with them.

i stand corrected then, sorry i remember talking to you in a few pm's and thought this one was the 25"

they put out a few sz prestige models, but they were never big sellers

Back