Question re: Bogner OS 2x12 vs Mesa Recto 2x12

SQUAREHEAD

Anyone played thru both of these with V30's?
Comaprisons... Differences?

Thanx for any help!

I have a Mesa 2x12 and I'm thinking of getting a Bogner
OS closed back 2x12.

Thanx!

Keith

I have a mesa now, and I've had a Bogner OS with V30's.

The Mesa is a darker with a tighter low end. The Bogner is more open sounding, and sounds pretty much like a Bogner 4x12, but not quite as thick because of less speakers.

IMO, the Bogner 2X12 wipes the floor with the Recto 2X12. Mesa's 3/4 Back 2X12 is much better sounding 2X12 cab than a Recto 2X12 to me. See if you can check one of those out (I sold my Recto 2X12 for a 2nd 3/4 Back 2X12). The Bogner is one of the best 2X12's in existence.

Ivan

:|::QBB:
Robotechnology":baa99 said:
IMO, the Bogner 2X12 wipes the floor with the Recto 2X12. Mesa's 3/4 Back 2X12 is much better sounding 2X12 cab than a Recto 2X12 to me. See if you can check one of those out (I sold my Recto 2X12 for a 2nd 3/4 Back 2X12). The Bogner is one of the best 2X12's in existence.

Ivan

Do you like the closed-back Bogner or the open-back 2x12?

:)

Robotechnology":c303e said:

Ivan

Can youelaborate on the "wipes the floor" comment? How exactly does the Bogner do this? Bottom end? Mids? clarity? ...???

Keith

SQUAREHEAD":c0113 said:

Can youelaborate on the "wipes the floor" comment? How exactly does the Bogner do this? Bottom end? Mids? clarity? ...???

Keith

I think it's the mids and clarity. The Bogner is a great 2x12. I'd bet that 90% or more of the people that heard one in a blind test would think it's a 4x12 even if you A/B'd it with a 4x12. It's just about as lound and sounds about the same. The only problem, and the reason I have a Mesa now is that the Bogner OS is nearly as big as a 4x12. To my ears the mesa cab sounds a bit stifled and a little too dark, but I like the fact that I can throw it and an amp in the car or truck and go to a friends house and jam so it's an acceptable compromise for me. I did that with the Bogner once, and by the time I got home I realized that the weight is the only real difference between it and a 4x12.

Thanx MF !
Ya... I have a Mesa V30 Recto 2x12 cab and I really like it. I've been toying with the Bogner OS 2x12, but I think from what I've heard here, the Mesa will stay. I feel Bogners lack in the low-low end dept and if the Mesa has more than the Bogner 2x12, I'll keep it. (Plus the size issue)

Keith

Back