ESP Kirk Hammett "Mummy" guitar on Ebay (not mine)

mrp5150

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-CUSTOM-KH-2-MUMMY-KIRK-HAMMETT-METALLICA-GIBSON-1_W0QQitemZ330105163329QQcategoryZ33038QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I remember a few people saying they really wanted that guitar in the KH20TH thread, well there ya go! :thumbsup:

:|::QBB:
guitarslingerans":dbcf5 said:
Is it just a bolt on KH2 with the paintjob? I can't look at ebay at work, cause they block it. :o

-Ans-

Dunno, I'm not much of an ESP expert. Here is the item description...

"The ESP KH2 Kirk Hammett signature model electric guitar has an alder body with a bolt on maple neck. The rosewood fingerboard has skull/bones inlays among its 24 frets. The EMG-81 active pickups were selected for their crisp, clear sound. Also features all black hardware and a reversed headstock with 2-color ESP logo and Kirk's signature. Includes a hard case.

* Alder body
* Maple neck
* Rosewood fingerboard with 24 XJ frets
* Reversed headstock and skull/bones inlays
* 2 EMG 81 pickups
* Original Floyd Rose tremolo
* Black hardware
* Hardshell case

Kirk Hammett has held metal's top position for over two decades as Metallica's guitarist, teaming with James Hetfield for the one-two punch. Now you can own his signature model double cutaway!

Esp Custom Shop Kirk Hammett Signature Series KH2 That later had a Mummy grafix installed. Body finish is not original but has approx. ten coats of nitrocellulose guitar laquer over it. Body has some dings under finish on back (see photo although did not come out well on black guitar). I would rate this guitar over all a 8.5 out of 10. Included in this auction is guitar, case, extra grafix pickups and a head stock grafix that was never installed.

No Zero Feedback bidders without contacting me first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

8c96_12.JPG

9096_12.JPG

a65e_12.JPG

The graphics were added later? Is that how ESP normally does it or is that an aftermarket thing?

Back