ENGL Crackwhore on eBay

jkdsteve

Is this anyone from here auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170097671906

....and dammit...no footswitch....

I wonder how hot they biased the amp???

Yeah, I just checked Rock Solid Amps and Derek has them going new for $1614.00 - so for 200 bucks more I can get a brand new head... I'd say you're right. Just a little bit steep. Best of luck to him.

:|::QBB:
Oblivion DC":e7205 said:
Yeah, I just checked Rock Solid Amps and Derek has them going new for $1614.00 - so for 200 bucks more I can get a brand new head... I'd say you're right. Just a little bit steep. Best of luck to him.

If it included the z5 @ $1,400....I'd be all over it..might kick in an insulting offer of $1200 anyways :D

shredi knight":0df0f said:
Seems perfectly acceptable to me.

P.S. I don't do crack. :D

Is that your auction? Cool... :D

Wasn't a 'crack' at you....just that this amp is addicting like 'crack' to amp 'whores' ....well, you get the picture ;)

JKD":07fae said:

Is that your auction? Cool... :D

Wasn't a 'crack' at you....just that this amp is addicting like 'crack' to amp 'whores' ....well, you get the picture ;)

Ok, that's kind of the reason for the slightly high price. I just need one whore to hit the BIN button. ;)

Seriously, this is the first time I've ever Ebay'ed (it's my wife's account) and I wasn't sure what to ask. There were no current auctions or completed listings for Blackmores for me to check. I took a look at Derek's site and saw the $1,614.00, so I didn't think $1,399.00 with free shipping (the amp weighs around 40 pounds) was that outrageous, considering it had been re-biased and had a couple of new tubes (2 of the stock preamp tubes were bad when I received the amp).

Still, I knew 1,399.00 was a little on the high side, but I figured I can always come down on it if no one gets it. I have gotten over 300 visits and 10 people watching it in only 2 1/2 days, so I'm hopeful (I'm trying to fund an Fractal Audio Axe FX rig that I'm going to put together). I have been watching on here and HCAF to see if anyone mentioned it.

Was that you that sent me the message on Ebay?

shredi knight":78974 said:

Ok, that's kind of the reason for the slightly high price. I just need one whore to hit the BIN button. ;)

Still, I knew 1,399.00 was a little on the high side, but I figured I can always come down on it if no one gets it. I have gotten over 300 visits and 10 people watching it in only 2 1/2 days, so I'm hopeful (I'm trying to fund an Fractal Audio Axe FX rig that I'm going to put together). I have been watching on here and HCAF to see if anyone mentioned it.

Was that you that sent me the message on Ebay?

Yes :D

I'm killing myself for letting go of my Blackmore..I traded it up to an SE....which is a fun amp but waaaaay too much for me. I set myself a $1400 budget for BM+z5....obviously you purchased your amp new so $1200 would be a little painful for you :D

Shipping will probably be around $55 FedEx Ground with a declared value of $1400..I should know, I shipped one already :D

I'm sure you'll get a buyer...these are great amps.

What made you up the bias by the way...did it drift in shipping?

JKD":95d6c said:

I'm killing myself for letting go of my Blackmore..I traded it up to an SE....which is a fun amp but waaaaay too much for me. I set myself a $1400 budget for BM+z5....obviously you purchased your amp new so $1200 would be a little painful for you :D

Shipping will probably be around $55 FedEx Ground with a declared value of $1400..I should know, I shipped one already :D

I'm sure you'll get a buyer...these are great amps.

What made you up the bias by the way...did it drift in shipping?

It just didn't sound right when I got it. I took it to a local tech and he said that about the 2 bad preamp tubes and that the bias was set really, really low. It sounded much better after that, but the amp just wasn't for me. The gain is much too Marshall like and clean for my taste. I like a thicker, liquidy Mesa Mark series like distortion and the Blackmore didn't have it like I thought it did from some of the clips I heard. I guess I should have listened when everyone kept saying the distortion was really clean.

Besides that, I'm a digital guy. I play a Line6 Vetta 2 combo (which will be on Ebay before too long as well :) ) and the cold reality of not having onboard effects, a noise gate, and just a few different tones (really the same tone with different amounts of gain) to switch between on the Blackmore (not to mention dealing with tubes) was just too much for me to take. :D

It's true what I say in my listing, I played the amp for only about 5 hours all together (and that's being generous).

I know I'm going to be very happy once I get my Axe FX rig put together

I think I'll get a buyer too, it's the only Blackmore on Ebay right now. I'm the only game in town. :cool: ;) :cool:

JKD":15e11 said:

This amp is addicting like 'crack' to amp 'whores' ....well, you get the picture ;)

Blackmore / CrackWhore , I love the Engl stuff but waiting on something else to be released soon from Cali....... :thumbsup:

JKD":b1ffe said:

How could you sell OUR Blackmore. :doh:

:D

Back