Recommend me a Reverb/Delay/mod rack effect unit.

• Thread starter Thread starter adam
  • Start date Start date
adam
adam
Im thinking lexicon? i love the lush Lexicion verbs.

im on a bit of a budget.

What mod. effects do you want? If you just want Reverb/Delay/Chorus, get an Intellifex.

lots of different effects really. Mainly the verbs and delays are important.

Lexicon MPX1 looks in the price range. how is that unit overall?

MPX-1 has a long ass switching time and is only recommended in conjunction with a mixer really. If you can live with the fact that it takes awhile to change presents and it's difficult to program, then go for it.

You HAVE to have something new? If you want new, then it's the age old debate over the G-Major and the Xpression.

Dunno about the UK but here we can find Intellifex units for $150 used and they rule for reverb/delay/chorus. The G-Major is said to have better delay and reverb than the Xpression, along with channel switching but the reliability is extremely low. The Xpression is said to have better modulation effects such as flanger, phaser, blah blah blah. A Replifex is an Xpression with channel switching like the G-Major. A MultiValve is a Replifex with a tube buffer that you can turn on and off. Both those models are discontinued however. An Intellipitch is an Intellifex with intelligent harmonizing. An Intelliverb is an Intellifex with better reverb and longer delays. That's roughly it for the budget effects. If you can spring for ~ $800 (at least here in the US), you can get a G-Force used.

Ok hows the G-force in the verb and delay department, does it beat the MPX1.

I could go for the G-force. how is that unit overall?

The G-Force is one of the best multi-effect units on the market and you can't go wrong w/ it. The only ones that are better are ones such as the Eventide Eclipse which cost a pretty penny.

Look at the T.C.Electronic G-Sharp.
All dials are up front, no internal patching or tweaking needed. Great tone and excellent sounds. AND, reasonable price!

Pickup a G-Major, it will do everything you need and is simple to use! also obviously, its not a bad price!

Dan

Yea, but i question its reliability. and i can guarantee when i get it, il be after a much better one, so i might as well go for the best so i cant get any GAS.

adam":80aeb said:
Yea, but i question its reliability. and i can guarantee when i get it, il be after a much better one, so i might as well go for the best so i cant get any GAS.

Thats cool then, if you have the bread to fork out then id get the G-force. It is much more tweakable and for the price, compared to other units of its calibre, is pretty reasonable!

I have a Xpression and its for sale (see sig). I love it, I just need the money and its not a necessity in my rig so I'm letting it go.

8)

nah ive got my eye on a Used Lexicon MPX-1. Im getting it for the Lexicon verbs. and its a good price. thanks.

adam":ad166 said:
nah ive got my eye on a Used Lexicon MPX-1. Im getting it for the Lexicon verbs. and its a good price. thanks.

Are you going to be using it with a Line Mixer? if not, the lag between patches might piss you off!

i have a Parallel effects loop, and im not one for changing patches.

adam":e1559 said:
i have a Parallel effects loop, and im not one for changing patches.

Which MIDI controller are you going to use? because you can set up one killer patch with every effect you would ever use.. and then use midi to just turn whichever effects off or on, this would avoid the lag anyways!

Good luck man!

Back