Jeff Beck--OK--Ive been a Jeff Beck fan since I was

Mike_V

Banned
12 years old--Over Under Sideways Down did it for me--great tune for 1966. I had the album. Jeff Beck blew me away. I have been a huge Jeff Beck fan until this day. I saw him the first time he came over to the states with the first Jeff Beck Group with Rod Stewart and Ron Wood (on bass) at the legendary Fillmore East in Greenwich Village in 1969 or there abouts. I became more addicted to Beck--as the years went on and his backing bands evolved--there was something about this guy--his playing was so different than the rest.

I still followed his career and bought every record as the years past. Ive seen him many many times in New York and even a great show in the Hofstra University GYM on Long Island with Boggart and Appice. That group was short lived and I know that was Carls favorite Beck group. What a show!!!! I live today for these memories I have of the old days on Long Island and the dozens of times I was at the Fillmore East and all the greats I saw there. (The Who, Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Jethro Tull, Allman Brothers, Cactus, Humble Pie and many many many more--I lived at that concert hall on weekends. 2 bucks for a seat in the first balcony. Memories are great as you grow old.

Well, after seeing him many times but in rather large venues I finally got to see him up close and personal at House of Blues here in Orlando Florida in early September last year, just prior to my surgery. I stood right in front of my life long idol and still my idol for me as a 54 YO man. I still idol this age-ing great. I was 4 feet from him. I could almost touch him. I stood there with my jaw on the floor as he worked his magic on a strat for 2 hours--that guitaer is part og his body--no other player has ever mastered a strat like Jeff Beck. The cool thing about this show was that he played at least one tune from every one of his albums over the years.

I walked away when it was over with my son (second generation Beck addict) with a tear in my eyes--I knew that that was the last time I would ever see this man perform--he is around 56. How much longer can he go on?

Thanks Jeff, for all the years you have kept me interested in music and the guitar.

He is my idol.

I like it, but I think you sell the man short
he will be back out next time he need the money, (guitar 101 interview from last year or so)
have to agree, he does things on the guitar that are just mind blowing

:|::QBB:
Tnjpekar":e7f41 said:
I like it, but I think you sell the man short
he will be back out next time he need the money, (guitar 101 interview from last year or so)
have to agree, he does things on the guitar that are just mind blowing

I hope you're right!!!

:thumbsup:

You've got to hear his new Live Bootleg USA 2006 cd, available from Music Today. Man, he can still play amazingly!

cvansickle":34a93 said:
You've got to hear his new Live Bootleg USA 2006 cd, available from Music Today. Man, he can still play amazingly!

Ive been so out of it the past 6 months that I didnt even know that record existed. You have a URL where I can buy it?

Thanks,

Mike

i just love his instamentail stuff
but your talkin to the Only king of Blues Rock
I. M. O. P.
with Jeff you aint ridein your walkin :thumbsup:

gaijun":51b19 said:
i just love his instamentail stuff
but your talkin to the Only king of Blues Rock
I. M. O. P.
with Jeff you aint ridein your walkin :thumbsup:

Have you listened closely to *Brush with the Blues*? I think he's sprinting there.

BB King just turned 80 and still tours, 56 is not old is just half way. Being 57 myself I think i'm just now starting to get to the point where my playing sounds good. Later

Back